Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

HKS DEMO TURBO'D DC5

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
Scott560
My Generation: 5G

Post by Scott560 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:29 pm

Free Ranj Egg wrote:I posted it because there seems to be a perception amongst lude owners that a DC5 isn't that much better as an overall package than a lude, atleast not in monetary terms.
At the last 2 track days i went to with my friend, his DC5 ITR is awesome. If you like the lude because:

it revs high
it sounds good
it handles OK

then the DC5 is about 20% better all round. Stiffer, lighter, sportier, it really is a lude on steriods. Its not as comfortable, but its a different car. In my mind though, there is no doubt it is a better car. infact, on the track the prelude seats become tiresome as they wont support you flat out in the bends. The ITR seats are perfect.

Even the pedals are in better positions for heal and toe downshifts.

admittedly his cost 10times what my lude did, and he is impressed with how much car a lude is for a much smaller amount of money.

On the straights, there is only a little in it, but when it comes to a complex of corners, the balance, braking power and better acceleration pays off. If i get time i'll try to pull some lap times from my video and ask him for the same.
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Return to “General Chat”