Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Bitcoin's and mining. Discuss. 2014 flashback update pg7/8

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Re: Bitcoin's and mining. Discuss.

Post by Donald » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:27 pm

I think it's slow to take off here simply because most don't want to invest in the rig for mining (pricier to build a decent spec in GBP than USD for a start) and most of the marketplaces work in USD and tbh it is a little more off a faff to buy BTC with GBP.

Although how current that view is I don't know, but in my past experience options were somewhat more restrictive using GBP to actually buy BTC. And well, converting your GBP to USD to BTC is one too many steps and like having a hole in your pocket.

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 5G

Post by lewd lude lover » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:21 am

localbitcoins.co.uk = GPB purchase in minutes. £400 - 1BTC exchange at the moment give or take. seriously easy like falling off a log.

''building'' a mining rig is OLD HAT AND CANT BE DONE FOR PROFT anymore. The cost of power 'v' mined coins is now on the wrong side. You either invest in a ASIC rig (a factory build monster of a dedicated machine) or you go home. Problem is companies have hundreds of these machines plugged in now so its very hard to make headway. The time of easy mining passed last october with the KNC JUPITER mining rig. This was the equivalent of the first JCB earth mover in the klondike when compared to all the shovels and wheel barrows there already. If you dont have a JCB then go home.

USA is not a friendly place to buy coins at the moment. much easier here and the HMRC have just stated that they will not be putting VAT onto BTC trades or transactions.
6th gen Prelude please Mr Honda. RWD 2.4 turbo lude.

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015

Post by lewd lude lover » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:09 pm

Said Facebook to Brian Acton at interview. Who then went on to program whatsapp which sold for 14 billion.

Said HBO to the producers of Breaking Bad. Which went on to be the biggest series in a decade set to gross over 400m$.

Said Wurtlycorner about bitcoins............

Seriously mate, you're not helping yourself. Come back with a comment, about the subject, worth reading, or do one :P

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:34 pm

:lol:

What can I say, that really was my considered opinion on the subject! It's not often that's all that comes to mind about something, but that genuinely was on this one atm. I could have kept it to myself, but decided to share on this occasion.

Sorry if offense caused :hug: (I'm quite sure with you that none genuinely has been though!) :D

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015

Post by lewd lude lover » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:47 pm

its just that you had put forward this exact viewpoint before and that we were more than aware of it.

:lol: :P :geek:

But thanks for sharing, again. :idea:

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:51 pm

What can I say? I like to be consistent! :lol:

:P

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015

Post by lewd lude lover » Fri May 18, 2018 9:00 pm

2018 update.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how is everyone feeling about bitcoin and crypto now? I'm interested to know what peoples perceptions are now compared to 2013 and if anyone has reconsidered A their advice that the boat had been missed and B it wont last the year?

I'm pro, 9 years of blockchain has seen the world change and take notice. I'm interested in your opinions.

if any of you bought 40£ worth of the joke coin dogecoin I bet ya'll drivin' lambos right now... lol..

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Sat May 19, 2018 2:08 pm

Mine is the same I'm afraid :lol:
Although I wouldn't have sniffed at making a few Bob.

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015

Post by lewd lude lover » Sat May 19, 2018 2:36 pm

Fair. So the differences blockchain is making to logistics across the world not giving you pause? The reversal of major institutions and central banks to a position of creating their own crypto currency tokens not withstanding? Interesting.

Return to “General Chat”