Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Shiny's Lude - Up For Sale!

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
Shiny
My Generation: 0G

Shiny's Lude - Up For Sale!

Post by Shiny » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:21 pm

Bear with me, this is going to be painful for me to type…

The Lude was supposed to be a six month summer toy for me, to be used, abused and then thrown aside like an unwanted child and was part of the basis that the missus agreed I could have it.

It never happened. I fell in love and then spent a small fortune and hours and hours of my time trying to perfect it to just how I wanted it, which I have. Having two cars has continued to cause rifts and the kids can only just fit in the back, so I have to face reality and move on to something a bit more practical. I can’t go back to just driving the Accord, as I will miss all the smiles that a Vtec go kart brings to my face, so after much thought, I’m going to look to getting an Accord Type R, 212bhp of Vtec fun but in a practical family salon.

So, about the car

- 1995 Honda Prelude BB1 (UKDM) 2.2Vtec H22A2 (185ish BHP standard)
- Just coming up to 116k on the clock
- MOT’d until 24/04/2011 and taxed until end of Sept 2010-08-09
- Meta alarm fitted by Honda in 1997

Usual goodies, power steering, 4WS, electric sunroof, electric windows, ABS, driver/passenger airbags etc. Facelift model so it has the electroluminescent dials.

Main dealer service receipts show a new timing belt at 59k miles. I have the original owner’s handbook pack, service book etc.

Since I’ve had the car, as well as the modifications, I’ve had the following done that I can remember:

- New clutch at 104k
- Replace rear 4ws/abs sensors July 2008
- New inner rear bushes and adjustment bolts May 2009
- Replaced driver’s electric window motor 2009
- New windscreen June 2010
- New lambda sensor July 2010
- Last garage service was at 109k

The car is such fun to drive, Vtec kicks in at just over 5k revs and the engine is sound.

Onto the modifications –

Bodywork
- Value Sports full lip kit, fully blended and professionally sprayed
- Genuine Mugen boot spoiler with genuine Mugen badge, professionally sprayed
- Any rust cut out following extensive bodywork repairs in June 2009 and professionally sprayed
- Nostrils colour coded
- Front & rear fully debadged
- Relocated front number plate
- JDM black one piece headlights
- Front indicator lights detango’d and fitted with iridium bulbs
- Rear lights detango’d and fitted with iridium bulbs
- Clear side repeaters
- Genuine Honda JDM wind deflectors
- Aeroblade wipers front & rear
- Honda Jazz washer jets

Performance
- Green Cotton Twin Cone induction kit with long intake pipe
- Janspeed backbox
- Japspeed stainless steel manifold & downpipe (fitted July 2010)
- Japspeed Decat pipe (fitted July 2010)

The exhaust is just settling down now and it sounds absolutely awesome

Wheels/Suspension
- Innovit Apis 17” Alloys, black with a polished lip
- Full set of locking wheel nuts
- Cusco front adjustable strut brace
- Lowered approx 40mm (details not known)

Interior
- Genuine Honda JDM Zebra mats
- JVC KD-G701 Head Unit
- Uprated speakers all round (I think from memory Rockford Fosgate & Pioneer?)
- Wiring to boot for an amp/sub

I have a few spares, such as the UKDM headlights, original sills/mudflaps/boot spoiler, the original air box which was removed for the induction kit, orange side repeaters, original header/downpipe and catalytic converter.

There are a couple of minor bad points, firstly the speedo needle doesn’t light up. This has never bothered me as you can still see the needle and tell what speed you going. It’s a relatively easy fix by taking a feed off the rev counter needle, but involves a little time and patience and I simply never got round to it. If it causes a problem for anyone, I’m happy to throw in a Road Angel which gives an accurate speed reading, although you will need to pay the couple of quid monthly subscription as it has speed camera warnings etc on it.

The aerial doesn’t fully retract, sticks up about 2 inches.

There is a slight rippling on the side skirts where they had to be manipulated by the body shop to fit, one of those things that you don’t really notice unless you look for it.

Finally the air con needs regassing. I've never bothered as we don't get that many hot days and i always drive round with the window open (bad habit from 10 years ago when i used to smoke), so there's never been any need for it. If it's a deal clincher, i'll pop to our local aircon place and get it gassed for £50.

My new DAS polisher has now arrived so the car will be machine polished, glazed and treated to some quality wax before I part with it. Probably cost in the region of £250 to £400 if you were to have this done professionally.

I’m not entirely sure on the value as the car is a bit unique and, without trying to blow my own trumpet, probably one of the best examples you will find of a tastefully modified Prelude.

*** 12/09/2010 - PRICE REDUCED £2,795 ***

Contact me by pm or email lloyd@shiiny.com

Lots more pics available, just ask.
Last edited by Shiny on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.

nitin_s1
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:26 pm

WHAT THE FECK! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil:

Shiny

Post by Shiny » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:29 pm

Not an easy decision mate, trust me. I had planned on never parting with it, ever.

Kawa
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: kawa222

Post by Kawa » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:57 pm

Ah man, seems such a shame :cry:

Good Luck with the sale anyhows

Bri
PSN GamerTag: funky_bri

Post by Bri » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:14 am

Shiny wrote:Not an easy decision mate, trust me. I had planned on never parting with it, ever.
Ditto :( Good luck with your sale mate, thats a very nice lude mon 8-)

Ammo
Admin | Spammer Assassin

Post by Ammo » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:24 am

i would slate you and say you'll be back, but as your getting a Accord type-r i'll let you off, it's still a Lude at heart ;)

Shiny

Post by Shiny » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:45 am

A mate of mine had an ATR back when the first come out, i still had the Accord at the time (i've had her 13 years :shock: ) and i loved it, drove pretty much like my Accord but all hell let off at 5.8k, i kept wanting change gear and my mate kept saying - "no yet, not yet...", awesome.

I was hoping ride out the two car situation for another two years of so, hopefully financially i would be a lot better off as i should have paid off my business loan by then, but it is causing rifts in the matrimonial home and i hate sleeping at night with the Accord parked on the street. It's not that i'm in a dodgy area, far from it in fact, but both rear quarter panels have been scratched and so has the front wing in the last few months. Luckily they are only surface scratches so will polish out no problem, but it drokks me off that people don't care for things, especially after i cherished that car for 13 years of my life, so i want to go back to one car so i can stick it in the garage at night and sleep sound.

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:47 am

Shiny mate, I'd bite your arm off if I wasn't perpetually skint :lol: GLWS, and whatever happens make sure you stick around the forums :D
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Bri
PSN GamerTag: funky_bri

Post by Bri » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:03 pm

the accord in your sig look sweet mate, you have 2 nice motors there you shouldnt have any problem selling. Im doing the same as you only I dont have kids. Got my volvo 850 which I have grown to love and then my lude. I just got to be sensible :lol:

JayJay

Post by JayJay » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:06 pm

Look at it this way guys, you may be selling now but when you start looking at buying another Prelude you've got a helluva lot more experience in them! So you should be able to get an brilliant deal :)
Shiny wrote:I sniff dirty pants.

Return to “General Chat”