Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

i have only been and done it again

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
arif_manji
My Generation: 4G

Post by arif_manji » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:23 pm

firstlude wrote:finally got the head off and every single valve is bent :cry: no damage to any pistons but the valves are mullered so let this be a lesson to you all dont forget to change your water pump when the cambelt is done
Hi mate,

I've still got this engine - you are more than welcome to come and take the head off it, for FREE that is if your saving this Prelude :)

Cheers
My Cars:
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 GR PRO
Addictions...
1996 4th Gen Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC (UK Spec - Converted from a H23A)
1993 4th Gen Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC Auto LSD (JDM)
Image Image Image

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:31 pm

o for sure i wont to save it :D that is a kind offer but your not really just down the road from me else i would be there like a shot
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

arif_manji

Post by arif_manji » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:04 pm

firstlude wrote:o for sure i wont to save it :D that is a kind offer but your not really just down the road from me else i would be there like a shot
No problem, its there if you want it mate - I have the car for another 2-3 weeks before it goes to the crusher. You have my number mate :)
My Cars:
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 GR PRO
Addictions...
1996 4th Gen Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC (UK Spec - Converted from a H23A)
1993 4th Gen Honda Prelude 2.2i VTEC Auto LSD (JDM)
Image Image Image

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:36 pm

Sorry to hear that.

Pics obviously needed though... Mashed up engines are always interesting to look at!

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:39 pm

not much to show really no damage to the pistons and the head at first glance looks ok , till you tilt it and see daylight around the valve seats :(
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Mon May 01, 2017 7:58 pm

found some time to strip the head this weekend here are the inlet valves
Image[/URL]
and heres the exhaust valves
Image[/URL]
had to buy a new valve spring compressor and lapping in tool and paste as it seems i cant find my old ones kinda thinking i have leant them to someone who hasnt returned them :( so all the valves are lapped in ready just waiting on me head gasket set now then full steam ahead on reassembly

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Mon May 01, 2017 8:58 pm

Ooft, nice and bent!

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Sun May 07, 2017 9:09 pm

so i made a start on reassembly this weekend and one thing i have learnt about working in and around lude engines is if you got big hands your gonna struggle , i am thinking while its apart i just as well replace some serviceable items but what i wont to no is whos the idiot that felt the need to locktite the screw holding the rotor arm on :shock: i am thinking this is going one of two ways i have a screwdriver that fits the screw head a treat but it fells like its either going to round or snap , lucky for me it just starts to undo as its rounding off by the time its out the head is well chewed up , but thats not the end of my troubles cause you guessed it the rotor arm is well and truly stuck on now so now i have to almost destroy this to get that off by looking at the conditon of the cap and arm who ever did the cap ignored replacing the rotor arm , fuel filter next which also seems like its been there for a while i ended up having to break off one of the unions so i could get a spanner on it to undo it

Image[/URL]

and this is the fuel that came out off it

Image[/URL]

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Sun May 07, 2017 9:44 pm

I've had rotor arms stick solid on Ludes before, too. Total arse :x

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Sat May 20, 2017 9:31 pm

its a runner all up and running today sweet as a nut :D :D and i gotta say its a missle compared to my other lude only drove it a short distance on the ind est at my work but i am liking it deffo not breaking it now , how much does the rear wheels steer as i dont seem to be able to notice any movement :? , going to check it over next weekend get it ready for an mot does have a abs fault not sure what yet havent done the flash code check as yet

Return to “General Chat”