Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

i have only been and done it again

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
firstlude
My Generation: 4G

Post by firstlude » Wed May 24, 2017 10:32 pm

Vtecmec wrote:I bet the bulb has been removed.
yeah thats true might check that first as i need to remove the speaker grilles as one is broke so just as well wip the clusters out see if there is a bulb in there
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

bennyboy
Art Mechanic
PSN GamerTag: OCbennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Thu May 25, 2017 10:13 am

The irony is that people go to more trouble to hide a 4WS fault than is actually required to fix it... :facepalm:
UKDM BB1 H22A8 NH561P 244bhp 173lbft

'Nigella'

www.benaskem.co.uk

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sun May 28, 2017 11:43 pm

But that's because all mechanics (including Honda ones) will say it needs a new ecu or rack... :roll:

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Mon May 29, 2017 8:47 pm

done a bit more to this one today have replaced both front outer cv boots as they was split wide open , new front brake pads , oil and filter change , then set about looking into the abs and 4ws faults and as thought the 4ws bulb was missing :o once this was replaced hey presto its on all the time , after doing a code check i have the abs light showing a fault 48 which i think is a n/s/r sensor , but the 4ws light has me stumped it does 7 slow followed by 1 fast then it flashes super fast so fast i struggle to count the flashes i think its 16 or 17 :lol:
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

bennyboy
Art Mechanic
PSN GamerTag: OCbennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Tue May 30, 2017 10:50 am

100% true @wurlycorner

For the sake of piece of mind, and with the benefit of hindsight @firstlude, if you're comfortable with soldering I would take the 4WS ECU out and do the 'fix' anyway (it's literally a case of reheating some solder points) just to take it out of the equation and to know that it's very unlikely to give you grief in the future.
Then have a good gander at the sensor in question to see if you can spot anything obvious.
UKDM BB1 H22A8 NH561P 244bhp 173lbft

'Nigella'

www.benaskem.co.uk

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Tue May 30, 2017 8:11 pm

The super fast flashes are end of memory for the main ecu and sub ecu.
If you can take a video and post it up, there are some of us on here that could confirm what codenit is giving, if you're not sure.

Agree with Bennyboy though, it will be worth re-soldering anyway too (but do pull the codes first).

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Tue May 30, 2017 8:15 pm

thanks beenyboy was thinking about getting the ecu out for a look so looks like a job for the weekend , i aint afraid of some soldering done plenty of that its just me eyesight that slows me up doing it now :D well i have checked over the front brakes so wont to do the rears so will be checking the sensor then, need to check the aerial also as that seems to be dead in the water and doing nothing , looks like another busy lude weekend coming up

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Tue May 30, 2017 8:26 pm

tried to post up a video but it just comes up as a image not a video , maybe i could send the video to someone via their phone

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016

Post by 4thgenphil » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:55 pm

If you've had to do the cv joints all the issue youve been havung with 4ws couldve caused by that. Grease in the abs rings can cause the 4ws to throw a wobble
:thumbdown:

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:28 pm

4thgenphil wrote:If you've had to do the cv joints all the issue youve been havung with 4ws couldve caused by that. Grease in the abs rings can cause the 4ws to throw a wobble
i had the battery disconnected all the time i did the cv boots so i new it would have a proper reset but the 4ws light still came on , the abs light only came on once i had driven it it was after this i got the fault codes out , am going to pull the 4ws ecu out on saturday and have a look at that and also check the rear sensor fault

Return to “General Chat”