Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

i have only been and done it again

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
mercutio
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G

Post by mercutio » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:28 pm

if you had the 4ws light and then the abs light after some driving have you checked your rear bulbs?
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

firstlude
My Generation: 4G

Post by firstlude » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:36 pm

i havent checked the rear bulbs yet will do that once i put the 4ws ecu back in hoping the soldering fixes the 4ws fault
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:48 pm

popped the 4ws ecu back in went for a little drive still no steering , but just to add a little extra into the mix the car spluttered and died on me like it ran out of fuel sure its low by the gauge so i pop a gallon in still no starting after a quick check sure enough no fuel reaching the engine , first on me list check for power at pump nothing quick loop over from the 4ws ecu wiring gets the pump running engine fires right up cool must be the relay ,first thing i spot is an alarm which i can only described as being throw into the dash so much so the main boxes have been taped to the heater ducting ,but its a genuine honda one whys it so badly fitted ,after a bit of checking i see this is linked into the fuel pump relay wiring so theres only one thing for it i remove this alarm thinking this must be my starting issue , once removed still no better check the relay all seems fine check the wiring going to the relay and it seems i have no feed coming from the ecu on pin 8 of the relay , if i apply power to this pin all is well fuel pump runs engine runs , so my question is does the ecu suffer from dry solder joints or do i have a dud ecu now no other problems seem to be present
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:15 pm

i have now replaced the ecu thanks to arif manji and hey presto shes alive again so seems the ecu went down for some reason i have yet to pull it apart to see if its anything obvious , just the abs sensor left to replace then hopefully with no more surprises shes good to go for mot

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:16 am

Never heard of a faulty ecu before - you've been very unlucky there! Glad you got it sorted though.

Drax

Post by Drax » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:12 pm

Glad that this is sorted 8-)
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:49 pm

wurlycorner wrote:Never heard of a faulty ecu before - you've been very unlucky there! Glad you got it sorted though.
it seems this lude is fighting me all the way sure hasnt turned out to be the bargain i first thought

TitzonToast
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: TitzonToast

Post by TitzonToast » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:46 pm

This has been a great thread to read. I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on man.
Good luck.
Tamquam Pullum Gustavit

vtectom

Post by vtectom » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:09 pm

Enjoyed reading this - love your perseverance.

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:42 pm

many thanks for all your kind words feel free to become the new owner of this lude only takes a pm and an offer :D the way i feel about this car didnt wont to see it get scrapped,also being a non jdm not sure theirs any value in breaking it , its not worth anything with no mot so hence why i am slowly getting it ready for a mot then who nos

Return to “General Chat”