Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Photofuckit bastards!!!

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
EFJ
My Generation: 4G

Post by EFJ » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:17 pm

Vtecmec wrote:The kebabs will be waiting for you all to spend your precious time editing everything, then they'll close that loophole. ;)
Luckily I don't have too many pics to edit but that said hoping that PB realise that they are making a huge mistake and don't carry on with the craziness.
1994 Red 4th Gen
JDM F22B DOHC motor (awaiting a add on turbo)
Pretty much dead standard

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:12 pm

I wonder if I can do something sneaky on the backend here - can I have a few photobucket image url examples please? Not in tags, just naked please!
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

Post by Sailor » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:11 pm

indigolemon wrote:I wonder if I can do something sneaky on the backend here - can I have a few photobucket image url examples please? Not in tags, just naked please!
Will these help? Please note that I've inserted spaces after the 'h' in 'http', between the 2 forward slashes and after the full stops before 'photobucket and 'com' to try to stop the addresses automatically coming up as links.

h ttp:/ /s1282. photobucket. com/user/hansprelude/media/Miscellany/mag%20ATR%20pic_zpssz1vcqgr.jpg.html?o=6

h ttp:/ /s1282. photobucket. com/user/hansprelude/media/Destination%20Norway/sailor_zps7aaf8d1a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

h ttp:/ /s1282. photobucket. com/user/hansprelude/media/smiles%202/problems_zpsgnhhed1z.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

h ttp:/ /s1282. photobucket. com/user/hansprelude/media/2015%20Road%20Trip/Trinity%202_zpsus4xst3t.jpg.html?sort=3&o=14
International Pensioner of Mystery

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:17 pm

Vtecmec wrote:The kebabs will be waiting for you all to spend your precious time editing everything, then they'll close that loophole. ;)
That's what I was getting at, but surely they're the ones that have created that loop hole :?: They've already upset everyone enough, surely they wouldn't be that bastardly to then break it again :?

And you Turquoise-Tangerine would become a legend if you fan pull something off! :hail:

Wing8806
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G

Post by Wing8806 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:22 am

thusee wrote:All credit goes to @Wing8806 I simply posted his findings :) but glad it works :D
NafemanNathan wrote:Thank you Wing8806. You're the best! :D
Glad I was of some help :)

It's been awhile since i've visited this forum, nice to see everyone is alive and well! This whole PB fiasco has been nothing but a headache. Restoring many of the heavily photo filled threads on Power will be put off until a solid hosting platform is found (and their editing issue is resolved).

It's actually very interesting that a few years ago PB changed the URL for 3rd party posts to what was used until the recent block. So the current fix for the images is actually the old URL layout. There will no doubt be another work around if they decide to block this one, since all photos on PB are just codes on a page anyway. If they have it viewable there - it can basically be viewed anywhere once it's broken down and changed up.

sol-lude
PSN GamerTag: Lude_666

Post by sol-lude » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:44 am

wing8806 I drokking love you...i didn't have many photos in my threat to sort but you truly are a legend.

*now waits till photophuckit break this too

Sailor
Supporter 2016

Post by Sailor » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:13 pm

I also ran the experiment.

I tried to upload from PeeBucket in the usual way, and it showed up in the post preview as if it was working. It will be interesting to see if it stays that way.

I then typed ~original immediately after the .jpg in the URL. This, too, worked in the Preview.

Now I think I need to log off and then on again to see what's happened.

Sailor
Supporter 2016

Post by Sailor » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:19 pm

Aha!

Now the question is: can I be bothered to go back to pics I've posted in the past?

The answer, of course, is "No".

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:11 am

I'm hoping I can automate that process (for everyone) - just having to do a lot of testing as I don't want to do anything that will mess up people's posts!
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:15 am

Return to “General Chat”