Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

All 4. PITA

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

All 4. PITA

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:40 am

It's Bollocks. HOOOOOOWWWWWW long does it take them to upload shows?!
22hours since the race yesterday (and about 46 since qualifying) STILL not uploaded. Soooo drokking frustrating. Still running the gauntlet avoiding any info on the result! :x
Or rather, it's even more jobby than that... All the shows are available via all 4 on my phone, but via youview they still only have the Hungarian GP :x
It's jobby.

RattyMcClelland
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:12 am

I know. I can't believe it. IPlayer was up after 10 mins.

Merlin
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:26 pm

A friend of mine was on about the exact same thing the other day.
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:33 am

Was still like it when I checked at 11pm last night ffs... Although... By then, they had had the gall to add Formula One to the front page of all 4, just to tempt you into thinking it had been added!!! :x
Went to bed in a sulk and watched the build up on my phone. Don't want to watch the race like that though!

I emailed them on Monday morning and got the following reply;
Thank you for your email regarding All 4.

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time and trouble to write to us, though we are sorry to learn of any disappointment that you have experienced with our on demand service.

Programmes are made available on the service shortly after their broadcast is finished on television.

A lot of work goes into getting a show from the screen and onto All 4 across all of the devices/platforms that All 4 is available with, so, in some cases, programmes may take a while to appear.

If a show is not listed on the All 4 service, it is likely it is currently being processed for on-line viewing for this particuar platform. This would be especially true for shows such as our Formula 1 coverage as they would be a considerable amount longer than the normal length of a programme.

Nevertheless, we are sorry for the delay in bringing this programme to you via Youview.

If you require further information, feel free to email me back or visit http://www.channel4.com/4viewers/faq
They replied within a couple of hours, which is good, but that's their stock response (I had read it on a few other forums in my hunt to see if there was any rights issue preventing it happening). It's just crap that it takes them so long to get this done. Must be using a 286 to process the data!

Metalhead
My Generation: 3G

Post by Metalhead » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:56 pm

With a lot of sporting events that are licensed to multiple outlets, there are clauses that prevent them from making the content available online until after one of the larger companies (usually Sky!) have broadcast their highlights - sometimes twice - before allowing others to share. This isn't a technical issue, it's purely down to contracts!
My 3rd Gen SE Manual Restoration and Preservation Project CLICK HERE

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:37 pm

Yeah that's what I initially thought - hence the online digging - but they've said it's not that (and the fact they uploaded it to the phone app suggests it's not a rights issue - much hotter property these days?)
It seems random which ones take so long - don't remember it being this slow on previous weekends? (qualifying still uploaded before the race?)

Return to “General Chat”