Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

If the Prelude becomes my second car...

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
simonc
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Post by simonc » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:21 am

Hi all, just wanted your opinion on a matter which may become a reality. If I were to use the Prelude as a second car, only at weekends/holidays for example, will it mean it's more likely to need more attention mechanically, than if I use it on a daily basis?
Any thoughts? Ta, Si.
'Mr Bridger, will drive them, into the sea...'

Curt
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: CannonGrave

Post by Curt » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:52 am

Hi Simon, don't know if this helps but I've had my 5th gen for around 5 ish years and I rarely use it. Last year I did 80 miles and the year before I did about 170. Only issue I've ever had is a flat battery every now and again. It's always serviced regardless of mileage so maybe that helps a little?

Vtecmec
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:00 am

Ditto, the only issue I tend to have is with the battery, which can be solved with an intelligent charger if you have a garage.

simonc
Supporter 2016

Post by simonc » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:14 am

Thanks, lads. You've given me some food for thought. ;)

vanzep
Supporter 2016

Post by vanzep » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:10 am

you could always get another Prelude :)
it is actually worth thinking about.....
Jason your mechanic would be pleased!
1996-2000 1993 EG9 Blue Civic 1.6 Vti - Traded in against the BB4
2000-2019 1994 2WS BB4 Milano Red JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD

2015 on > 1991 4WS BB1 Phantom Pearl Grey JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD
2021 ON > 1998 2WS BB6 White Pearl JDM Prelude Si VTEC

crxdriver

Post by crxdriver » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:14 am

If its parked in a garage then yes it will need less attention but if left outside stuff will go wrong through lack of use.

simonc
Supporter 2016

Post by simonc » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:47 am

vanzep, Good morning, Nick and thanks for the suggestion. Trouble with that solution is that I'd get just as anal about another Prelude as I am about the Blue Beauty. Ha ha, I don't know if my brain can take any more fretting about double the work, although you're absolutely right, Jason would love me even more. I'm sure I paid for his his family's trip to Australia last year. ;)
The reason I'm thinking about this is because I'm sick and #%&*%#!# tired of idiots outside my office, that seem incapable of parking their car without scratching mine. Absolute pillocks. The Malaysian style is to approach a bay at 70mph in a Starsky and Hutch stylee, then swerve in, hopefully stopping somewhere in the yellow lines as clearly marked. However, the 'stopping somewhere' I just mentioned may or may not include actually being between the lines. The favoured option is to park with 3mm clearance to my car, then whack open their door against mine and proceed to squeeze themselves out, rubbing my door's paint as they extricate themselves. Idiots. Oh yeah, and when they're out, in this tiny corridor they've created, they then proceed to walk into my door mirror and knock it out of kilter.
If you'll indulge me a minute or so longer to continue this rant, then if it's a lady driver, the positioning will be the same but for added selfishness, they'll drag their bloody handbags down the length of the door and front wing leaving a pleasant scratch from the various Gucci/ Chanel branding trinkets that hang from their bags. Arrgghhhhhhh.
So there's plenty of crappy Protons I could pick up and use as my 'taxi' to work, leaving it outside and not giving a monkey's toss who bangs into it. Sorted. No stress and a reasonably relaxed day at work.
Actually, an old banger would be great at junctions here as well. Drivers hate waiting in queues and love to come alongside at lights so bloody close you wouldn't believe it. They really do place me in the position where it's up to me if I want to damage my car or let them in. If I had some crappy old banger, they could try that nasty trick, but would receive a hell of a shock as I refuse to give way, and leave a massive great gouge down the side of their (invariably) Toyota Vellfire. :D
crxdriver, I'm afraid it's not in a garage, I park in on the drive but backed in under an overhang. Only the nose of the car is actually in the sun and rain.
Rant over, time for a ciggy and calm down. Ommmmmmmmmmm... ;)

Curt

Post by Curt » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:45 am

This is exactly why I have a Hyundai i20. When I go to a supermarket and come back to see that, someone has parked there car on top of mine (literally) it's nice to be able to say "oh well it's not the lude, who cares" :lol:

simonc
Supporter 2016

Post by simonc » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:47 am

Spot on Curt. I even go to the extreme lengths of parking my car miles away from supermarket and mall entrances, as most of the lazy buggers will want a space as close as possible. Oh and just to add to my 'saddo quotient', I will only go to supermarkets and malls first thing in the morning. That way, the crush can be avoided. Mind you, it drives 'her indoors mad.
What then infuriates me, is that even in a totally bloody empty car park, miles away from the entrance, I'll return to my car and find that some idiot has wedged himself/herself right next to mine. Arrgggghhhhhh... :guns:

Curt

Post by Curt » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:26 am

simonc wrote: What then infuriates me, is that even in a totally bloody empty car park, miles away from the entrance, I'll return to my car and find that some idiot has wedged himself/herself right next to mine. Arrgggghhhhhh... :guns:
That happens to me all the time :lol:

Return to “General Chat”