Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

other marque parts catalogue

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
Scott560
My Generation: 5G

other marque parts catalogue

Post by Scott560 » Sun May 20, 2018 7:07 pm

The lings site is great for Hondas, we can check part numbers, look at diagrams and just generally know what were talking about (as well as order it!)

Now say i wanted some subframe bolts for the Mrs Peugeot 207 - where could i go? The remains of the bolt are probably going to have to be destroyed to remove whats left - so even a generic fastener site might not help me too much.

Half an hour of googling hasn't helped...
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Mon May 21, 2018 4:00 pm

For PSA, the only parts catalogue that I am aware of is the official one, which you can sign up for as a car club member - or at least, that's true for Citroen (I use it).

And having just done a sub-frame removal on a Citroen c2, I know EXACTLY the sub-frame nuts/bolts you are talking about, which was an absolute pig.
I will try and post some pics later if I can, in case that helps you.

Edit: yes looks like Peugeot parts catalogue is accessible the same way as Citroen;
http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/pages/index.jsp
Note it's not as user intuitive as the Honda catalogue...

Scott560

Re: other marque parts catalogue

Post by Scott560 » Mon May 21, 2018 4:12 pm

I'll give that site a go when I get home, with a translator! Best place to get a log in?

The head of the bolt has sheared off of its own accord, convinently located over the road where it's normally parked, so obviously just fell off on night! Only noticed when I was replacing a snapped coil spring on the front. I can't imagine the other side is in any better condition.

Hopefully I can get a blade in there to cut the shaft so it drops out and I can then remove the nut. At least it's not a captive but thankfully.

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Tue May 22, 2018 7:44 am

Ah, if the head has snapped off them you should be in luck and be able to just fish the Bolt out from above - I'm assuming it's the front pair of boots on the chassis leg where it drops down, rather than the rear ones where they Bolt into the floor pan?
The bolt is drokking hard, I tried cutting into it with an air saw and was getting no-where fast...

Clear out the remains of the plastic nut holder and then you should be able to get a pair of pliers in there to help lift the Bolt up and angle it out.

If you look on the bottom right hand corner of the screen on the parts box, you can change the language to English.
Nb: don't try and actually order parts online, it doesn't let you do that.
Login you have to register for. You need a company name and registration number. Citroen owners use the Citroen car club I presume there is something similar for Peugeot owners???

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Thu May 24, 2018 11:43 pm

Some pics, if you haven't already sussed.
As I say these are off a C2, but I suspect the same on your 207?

The nuts are held captive by a plastic housing;
Works fine on initial install or for a good few years after that, but on the one I worked on, the plastic had gone brittle and the car had been worked on by a gentleman's sausage so the plastic was broken up and nothing holding the nut captive;

Looking inside the access hole you can see the nut;

I originally assumed this a) would never undo, b) I wouldn't be able to get a spanner on it, c) even if I did, I wouldn't be able to fish it out so I started trying to cut the bolt with an air saw, but it was drokking hard and I was making no progress. So I tried a ring spanner and was able to get it in the access hole, up inside the tower and then down over the nut.
What you can see in this pic is pretty much the top of the bolt;

However, it was so seized that even after days of soaking in WD40,no joy.
It eventually came out, using this;
Getting the thing red hot and just having to live with the smoke and blistering paint (that I repaired after)

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:26 am

I haven't ventured into this job yet. It looks similar, the plastic is no where to be found, and its the torx head thats dropped off, so hopefully its a hollow section above i can easily remove the remains. Haven't had chance to get look into getting a new one , where did you get yours from?

I've got a few old spanners, so i can probably sacrifice one and turn it into a C spanner, or if they are new bolts, just do them up with the air gun, they should catch. I'm not interested in removing them again! Wife has had the car since new, 130k / 12 years, had to replace the engine earlier this year due to bottom end knock which came on suddenly after it was parked up for a 2 week holiday. Then the coil spring snapped (first front one, back ones have already both gone in the past). Otherwise, body work is not rusting and rest of car, surprisingly, good condition.
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Fri May 25, 2018 9:14 am

Just bought all the replacement bolts and captive nuts from Citroen. Not expensive and not worth the time/hassle of trying to find something else to fit.
Copious amounts of copperease on reassembly in case it ever needs to come apart again! :D
Likewise, have done all 4 springs in this car now. Went for a decent make (KYB), not some cheap Chinese knock-off, to be sure they won't go again.

Return to “General Chat”