Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

If you were to combine cars what would you have?

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 5G

Post by lewd lude lover » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:55 am

RattyMcClelland wrote:My mums fiance had an e92 335d auto and honestly it spent more time at BMW and in the local garage than on the road.
The auto box is a big bang of wanky mccuntface. The solenoids last about 20 gear changes.

He chopped it in for a 2014 Golf R.
Yeah, I'd never get an auto or a diesel. Also buying a well researched car is part of the fun and also the responsibility of upgrading. The N52 engine, while older, has the edge on reliability while the N53 has 20bhp more and a lower tax band but suffers with more issues. I'd want to open it up anyway. Breathing mods, remap, suspension etc.
6th gen Prelude please Mr Honda. RWD 2.4 turbo lude.

eddie_squidd

Post by eddie_squidd » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:01 pm

Petty basic but I'd like to take a Honda CR-Z, rip out all the hybrid gubbins and stick a Vtec unit in it. It's such a fantastic looking little car and looks a hoot to drive. Originally I always envisioned it with a 1.6 Vtec which would probably be about right power wise, but why stop there? Imagine it with a 2.2. Ha!

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015

Post by lewd lude lover » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:20 pm

eddie_squidd wrote:Petty basic but I'd like to take a Honda CR-Z, rip out all the hybrid gubbins and stick a Vtec unit in it. It's such a fantastic looking little car and looks a hoot to drive. Originally I always envisioned it with a 1.6 Vtec which would probably be about right power wise, but why stop there? Imagine it with a 2.2. Ha!
Ay but its not very practical. Spec is a decent load space as well as a hoot...

The issue with the 330i is its a bit soulless. without some serious work its just an executive barge.
6th gen Prelude please Mr Honda. RWD 2.4 turbo lude.

Return to “General Chat”