Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Winter service

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
Enda
My Generation: 4G

Winter service

Post by Enda » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:39 pm

Hi All,
Haven't been in this forum for a while and I'm back now looking to steal some advise and information. I'm planning on doing a major service on the car ( 93 2.2 non-vtec) over the winter months, including timing belt.
I have replaced timing belts in the past but on less complicated engines (e.g. 1.0 corsa[GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]). I have been searching YouTube for instruction but can't find anything for this engine that is any help. Would anyone know if there is any online instruction out there?
Also I'm not familiar with the balance belt although it looks straight forward enough.
The current belt hasn't done a lot of miles, 5k maybe, but it is in there 7 years now so I think it's time to change, is there a good aftermarket kit out there.
Any thoughts would be great.
Enda

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Drax

Post by Drax » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:31 pm

this could help you bud
http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/post305 ... ge#p305523

and Gates belts seems to be the common good quality belt of choice for most luders.
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:07 am

The oem (Honda official) service manual for the car can be downloaded from a link in the wiki section of this forum.
There's the original manual and then there are 4 supplements for revisions on later models. Tells you everything you need to know.

You will need 2 special tools - Cam locking kit (laser do one, readily available online/ebay) and the crank pulley tool (again, laser so one, readily available)
Crank pulley removal is the hardest thing. You will need a drokking long bar on a meaty T-bar (plus the correct crank pulley tool) in order to do it.

Vtecmec
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:19 pm

The cam can be locked with just a bar of you don't want to splash out on a tool for it. There is a special tool for lining up one of the balance shafts though, its about £8 on ebay.

Enda

Winter service

Post by Enda » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:19 pm

Hi all, as mentioned in my previous post, I had intended doing the timing belt over the winter but I had some hassle getting the kit so I have up on it for a few months. Back looking again again now and it appears my engine is rare enough . It's a 2.2 dohc
non vtec f22b. All anyone has listed is a sohc for this code.
Would anyone know where I might source one and water pump too. Any help would be great.
Enda

Return to “General Chat”