Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Exporting JDM from the UK to the USA. Whats the skinny?

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
Rudelude
My Generation: 5G

Post by Rudelude » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:22 pm

Unless it’s 25 years old u won’t be able to ship it easy coast. Cali might b different. The market here is huge, esp for right hookers. I tried to ship mine but it’s only 20years old. And then the costs to get emisisions and other paperwork sorted would be pretty extensive. You would need a Company or someone in the know to mange this end for you. USA is very very strict on importing cars here.
1997 Type S, Pearl White
Rust Free & Mugen Goodness

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015

Post by lewd lude lover » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:06 pm

@nitin: sweet, i want to talk to him.... lol..

@rudelude: yeah thats what I thought. Wondering if maybe the extra parts and such would make it worth while if its all going in the same container.

I am going to clean, photo, catalog and wrap all the parts, clean and prep the car to within an inch of its life and see where I am with it. It's in such good condition I need to do this anyway to keep it up and together but its defo on the cards to find a more appreciative owner for its 3rd decade.
6th gen Prelude please Mr Honda. RWD 2.4 turbo lude.

Rudelude

Post by Rudelude » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:38 pm

@rudelude: yeah thats what I thought. Wondering if maybe the extra parts and such would make it worth while if its all going in the same container.

The parts r probably worth a pretty penny..
1997 Type S, Pearl White
Rust Free & Mugen Goodness

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015

Post by lewd lude lover » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:47 pm

Yeah but I really would like to set someone up with the sort of spares shed and car that means it's still on the road in 20 years. turn up with a van, drive it and all the parts away. I will update this soon as I get on the way.
6th gen Prelude please Mr Honda. RWD 2.4 turbo lude.

Return to “General Chat”