Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

An iconic image

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
Buzzonion Vtec
My Generation: 4G

Post by Buzzonion Vtec » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:16 pm

norks27 wrote:Had to share this image with fellow Lude lovers....

[insta][/insta]

Just love this image.....

Nice... BUT....Would be even nicer to see it MOT'd, taxed and driven to an event rather than trailered ;)

Our two from the White Horse Classic and Vintage Show yesterday

[insta][/insta]

norks27
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 5G

Post by norks27 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:32 pm

Buzzonion Vtec wrote:Our two from the White Horse Classic and Vintage Show yesterday
Nice :D :D :D
Buzzonion Vtec wrote:Would be even nicer to see it MOT'd, taxed and driven to an event rather than trailered ;)
I think it was literally picked up a day or so before JAE

Buzzonion Vtec

Post by Buzzonion Vtec » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:01 pm

That's absolutely fair enough if that's the case... in fact that is a damn good effort in taking it to the show.

Look forward to seeing it back on the road 8-)

simonc
Supporter 2016

Post by simonc » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:23 am

Those photos look fab. What a car. Christ, I'm beginning to feel so old. :D
'Mr Bridger, will drive them, into the sea...'

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:52 pm

It was collected on the weds and driven up to the show on the Friday, in 'barn find' condition.
It doesn't even roll atm, let along drive.

And Mec - mould always manages to put a smile on kids faces :D

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:54 pm

Buzzonion Vtec wrote:
Nice... BUT....Would be even nicer to see it MOT'd, taxed and driven to an event rather than trailered ;)
It's nice when people share the details of the car and the builds, on the forum. But it doesn't always happen.

Buzzonion Vtec

Post by Buzzonion Vtec » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:51 pm

wurlycorner wrote:It was collected on the weds and driven up to the show on the Friday, in 'barn find' condition.
It doesn't even roll atm, let along drive.
Please don't take what I said the wrong way, it wasn't meant as a dig at the owner ie you, especially as it was only collected the same week... as I said in my later post, damn good effort for taking it to the show.

I get a little peeved at some events where I see perfectly usable cars taken on trailers to show them off but are never actually used.... I don't mean in this case obviously...unless it's still on a trailer at next years' show ;)

wurlycorner wrote:It's nice when people share the details of the car and the builds, on the forum. But it doesn't always happen.
Totally agree... and yes I am guilty of that with my 1G build...but the sad fact behind that is my whole build blog was done on Facebook as it was much simpler for me to do so due to it all being photographed and logged on my phone with no home pc/laptop to use at the time.
May be a cop out, but I did try to keep Lude Generation informed by posts on the group FB page - not loads granted but nobody likes a spammer

On that note - I'm sure there are many people on the G1 Prelude Owners FB page (me included) that would love to see more about the car 8-)

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:41 pm

Thanks for the response Rich, appreciated.
Won't be seeing it on facebook I'm afraid, 'cause I just don't exist on FB at all! It'll be here only.

There's a very good chance it will be arriving at JAE next year on a trailer still, but that's because I have to bring so much other gear with me for the stand that I need to drive my estate car regardless!
But the plan is definitely that it will be on the road by then and will go to other shows under its own steam ;)

Return to “General Chat”