Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

(belated) Happy New Year to you all...

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
simonc
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Post by simonc » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:50 am

Hi Everyone and hope you guys had a nice Christmas. Apologies for the radio silence but I'm afraid Linda's father passed away over Christmas after being in intensive care since the middle of December. As we were in the UK it required flights back to Malaysia then I returned to UK to spend time with my folks. Bit of a bumpy time and as a consequence, I've been rather tied up as you can imagine. To cap it all, I've been involved a real hoo-ha with a client who's taken me to the cleaner's regarding a pretty substantial invoice. Bloody hell, what a real crappy few weeks.
Anyway, back in Malaysia now and gearing up for Round two of the humdinger with the cheating basket to get the money owed. Could be tricky, but fingers crossed as I have enough paperwork to nail him. :evil:
Love the new look of the site, congrats to the tech gurus for its creation. :clap: Kudos to you guys.
Anyway, must dash, but I'll be lurking and posting in between the forthcoming nastiness. Wish me luck, :thumbup:
'Mr Bridger, will drive them, into the sea...'

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:17 am

Sorry to hear that Simon, a rough way to spend a festive break. Hope you get things sorted with this client!
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

toadster
My Generation: 5G

Post by toadster » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:09 pm

Lo :D
Blimey that's a tough time.
All the best with everything.
Cheers ;)
Toadster

Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

Post by Sailor » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:27 pm

Oh.

Best of luck with Round Two.
International Pensioner of Mystery

simonc
Supporter 2016

Post by simonc » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:02 am

Thanks, fellas. Linda's dad had been ill for quite a long time, in and out of hospital, but it was simply old age and his body's weakness that took him. While it's no comfort, he was 90 and and had certainly led a full and active life.
This client thing gets nastier by the day and he's a real crafty bugger. With hindsight, I had a feeling about him being 'not quite right' but that's not helping now. Damn. :x
Trying not to get bogged down with it as it sometimes becomes all consuming regarding my time which is a real pain. Anyway, going to stop moaning about it now, I'll update you when I've some better news.
On the Prelude front, even though she'd been sat for nearly six weeks while we were backwards and forwards to the UK, she fired first time and has been running extremely well ever since. At least that's one bit of good news in the fug of the past few weeks. :thumbup:

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:13 pm

Hi Simon
I had wondered if there was something up - unlike you to be quiet especially at that time of year.
Sorry to hear things not been great, all the best and look forward to seeing you back on here when you can :D

simonc
Supporter 2016

Post by simonc » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:14 am

Hi Iain and thanks for the good wishes. I'll definitely be back asking my inane questions to you guys, as soon as I've gotten rid of this legal monkey off my back. :D :thumbup:

Return to “General Chat”