Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Posting photos and other photo questions

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
ATR84
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: mike84n

Post by ATR84 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:41 am

Hi All,

I take all my pictures on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, the pictures it takes are good enough quality for me. I also have Amazon Prime, so I get free photo storage with Amazon, so all my photos are also automatically backed up to there.

The problem comes when I want to post anything up on here, this forum needs you to have the image hosted somewhere public like photobucket, the problem is, photobucket has stopped working for me recently. I have tried Imgur, but the photos have loads of other rubbish surrounding them, please see last post here for an example: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=22358&start=40

What is the best way to share photos on this site? What do other people do?

Also, I notice that sometimes I am having to compress photos before posting because they are too large, my camera often takes photos between 5mb and 8mb in size. What is the best way to handle this without losing image quality?

This doesn't seem a problem on places like Facebook and WhatsApp as I assume some kind of automatic compression is happening?

If anyone has any advice or pointers it would be much appreciated :D

Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

Post by Sailor » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:05 pm

I use Imgur and find it easy to post from my desktop. An adblocker ensures that the clutter is minimal.
International Pensioner of Mystery

Return to “General Chat”