Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Help Please

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
Snake2f2s
My Generation: 3G

Help Please

Post by Snake2f2s » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:35 pm

Right hopefully someone can shed some light on an issue I am having, I have a prelude 2.2 H22A last used in May ran fine did exactly what it should do, I did the cam belt and water pump over the summer ran it up and bled it fine but didn't drive it, now I've gone to use it and it has now power run fine sound crisp and revs up when sat in neutral but as soon as you drive it hard it bogs and doesn't VTEC, I have tried the following...………

Check timing marks again (perfect)
Different Co2 Sensor
Different distributot
changed the ECU for one that we are pretty sure removes the knock sensor
Checked fuel pressure it has 35PSI on tick over going to 40 ish when you rev it

If anyone has any suggestions I would be very grateful as I really don't know what to try next.

Oh there is no engine management light on, you wouldn't know there was a fault with it stationary

Andyjess666
My Generation: 5G

Help Please

Post by Andyjess666 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:15 pm

I have the same problem but only in lower gears high gears are fine

Drax
My Generation: 4G

Help Please

Post by Drax » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:35 pm

Clean your egr valve & VTEC solenoid, they could both cause these issues
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

Snake2f2s

Help Please

Post by Snake2f2s » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:09 am

Thanks I’ll have a look, do you know if it would make a performance difference if the balance belt was a tooth out .?

Scott560

Help Please

Post by Scott560 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:26 am

when you say it was fine before - is that just from memory? Have you been driving a faster car since then, perhaps a turbo diesel (something with more torque?)

If it was fine before you did the cambelt, then either the timing is off, and then if you replaced the distributor, the ignition timing will be off (you can only set it if you use a timing gun).

if the balance shaft was out, i can only imagine vibration would be affected, not power.

is the bog down consistently smooth, or is it patchy/spluttery? If its a smooth reduction in perceived power, id say your ignition timing is out. If its spluttery/random but fine at idle, then id say the cat (if fitted) might be restricted, although seems strange they would go on their own...
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Snake2f2s

Help Please

Post by Snake2f2s » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:33 pm

So basically I race it on the beach in a form of bagger racing ( so I only use 1st & 2nd gear but the whole of the Rev range in both gears so it’s very noticeable when it’s down on power it’s revs up in 1st but as soon as you grab 2nd it just bogs

Scott560

Help Please

Post by Scott560 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:09 pm

whats it drive like on the road?

given the extreme conditions, id check your inlet/air filter first.

Does it still have its cat? it will be getting mighty hot and might be starting to restrict under load (internals melting/braking up). Mine started to die on a track day from all the vibrations of juddering brakes, a week or so later the car was hard to even drive on the road... when i had the cat removed, they said they had never seen anything like it...
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Snake2f2s

Help Please

Post by Snake2f2s » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:29 pm

That’s half the problem it can’t be driven on the road it has no lights or windows so really hard to test, it doesn’t have a cat either

Return to “General Chat”