Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

H TUNE are closing down

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

H TUNE are closing down

Post by wurlycorner » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:28 pm

This SUCKS
H-Tune are great :thumbdown: :cry:

prelude_h22
My Generation: 5G

H TUNE are closing down

Post by prelude_h22 » Sun May 17, 2020 4:01 pm

Different story for me.

They seem to be hit and miss but the last few orders they will a total flop.

They had the valve and retainer upgrade genuine honda OEM kit for the s2000 in stock. Then when purchased they said it wasnt in stock and only a few days from their supplier.
Turned out to be over a month and a half lead time when they eventually emailed me.
I need them urgently as the car was going in to Rich and performance autoworks for the work.
What a disaster. I told them to cancel the order, thankfully I ordered from tegiwa (thurs) and the parts were here the next day (friday) - Saturday was my appointment with Rich.
This was summer 2019.

I also ordered some new OEM honda engine and gearbox mounts (late 2018). These weren't urgent so was willing to wait.
However I waited over 5 months for them. lol. They were much cheaper than anywhere else but over 5 months was a joke. The lead time kept on changing every week. It was quite shocking.

I did send them a massive email of complaint and constructive criticism, but it looked like they never listened and continued to upset their customers.
I am not surprised that they went under.

Real shame, as I told them their prices are really competitive and they had the potential to be the number 1 Honda OEM and upgrade parts supplier in the scene if it wasn't for poor management and lack of focus to their customers. In this day and age, feedback can travel so quickly due to social media which can kill a company so quickly.

vanzep
Supporter 2016

H TUNE are closing down

Post by vanzep » Sun May 17, 2020 11:55 pm

Sad to hear that.
Ive bought from HTune quite a few times and only had a problem once which they did remedy. Prices were pretty good etc
I think Scott and Leo were easy to deal with.
Tegiwa seem good but more expensive and less Honda oriented but i may be wrong on that
1996-2000 1993 EG9 Blue Civic 1.6 Vti - Traded in against the BB4
2000-2019 1994 2WS BB4 Milano Red JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD

2015 on > 1991 4WS BB1 Phantom Pearl Grey JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD
2021 ON > 1998 2WS BB6 White Pearl JDM Prelude Si VTEC

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

H TUNE are closing down

Post by wurlycorner » Mon May 18, 2020 3:19 pm

prelude_h22 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 4:01 pm
This was summer 2019.
This was when one of the staff members had disappeared off the scene, leaving (from what I can see) the finances in a sorry situation and the other guy was grappling with trying to sort it out...

prelude_h22

H TUNE are closing down

Post by prelude_h22 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:04 pm

Tegiwa seem good but more expensive and less Honda oriented but i may be wrong on that
Tegiwa are ok, their customer services isnt great. Prices are cheaper than the dealers.
Coxmotorparts are expensive but their customer services are spot on, i'd rather spend alittle more and get great service.

Ordered several parts from tegiwa and not even an email to keep me updated on long lead time order parts.
Pretty poor.

Its great we have options for suppliers for Honda parts though.

nalla

H TUNE are closing down

Post by nalla » Fri May 22, 2020 5:32 pm

Hi,

If you need any Honda parts, Russ at Hond R is the person to call. He has contacts in Japan, where some Prelude parts are available, that you cannot get through Honda UK.

Return to “General Chat”