Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Toyota Yaris GR

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
Drax
My Generation: 4G

Toyota Yaris GR

Post by Drax » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:52 pm

new cars...pfftt boring. zero personality compared to old ones. yes buy one as a daily/work car, but at least keep a lude as the weekend fun :jdm: :vtec:

you talking about selling the ludes but you know what will happen 6/12 months down the line... and the prices are going up finally for them so wont be cheap, and rarity especially for a half decent 4g vtec is getting very very slim
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

ATR84
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: mike84n

Toyota Yaris GR

Post by ATR84 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:21 pm

Drax wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:52 pm
new cars...pfftt boring. zero personality compared to old ones. yes buy one as a daily/work car, but at least keep a lude as the weekend fun :jdm: :vtec:

you talking about selling the ludes but you know what will happen 6/12 months down the line... and the prices are going up finally for them so wont be cheap, and rarity especially for a half decent 4g vtec is getting very very slim
Based on what I have read and seen, I don't think the term "boring" is something that can be laid at the Yaris's door. However, I do take your point and agree with it in general terms.

As for selling the ludes, also a valid point. Ideally I would keep at least one of them, I am mulling that scenario over, just not sure they would get used.

nalla

Toyota Yaris GR

Post by nalla » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:08 pm

If I had £30,000 plus to spend, IMO I would rather buy a car that doesn’t disappear in Tesco’s car park. Not many people would see it other than a run of the mill Toyota.

This is what I would buy.

https://cdn.images.autoexposure.co.uk/A ... 6190_1.jpg

nalla

Toyota Yaris GR

Post by nalla » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:18 pm

For sale at £37,500.

nalla

Toyota Yaris GR

Post by nalla » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:38 pm

Something small, light and turbocharged. What about this, and half the price.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CITY-1 ... 3243183439

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Toyota Yaris GR

Post by RattyMcClelland » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:43 pm

Have you a test drive booked for to he Yaris Grrrrr.
As a practial new daily car the Yaris grrrrrrrrrrrr makes perfect sense. I like it.

There are not many new cars 2015 plus that make me want one. They all suck. 90s for me. However....
Yaris Grrrrrrrrrrr
Honda S660
Alfa Julia Quadfoooolio
Honda E
VW Id3
Mercedes AMG GT (newer normal looking one)
BMW Supra Coupe
Lexus LC500
Upcoming VW IdBuzz cargo (my next van)

ATR84

Toyota Yaris GR

Post by ATR84 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:49 pm

Yes I have a test drive booked, for what it's worth, 90% going to buy one anyway.

Yes this will be a daily and will replace both my Preludes. It's the only way I can justify it to myself (and the mrs :D )

Nalla, I get your point about what else I could buy for the money, but buying an NSX isn't going to help me. Especially as I have 2 young children. The Yaris is not the most practical but it can safely transport kids around, plus it will be very reliable and has a 5 year warranty if it isn't :)

newkid
Supporter 2016
PSN GamerTag: spaz_ma_taz

Toyota Yaris GR

Post by newkid » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:35 pm

You guys are all crazy talking about preserving a car. It's a rust free, very clean 5th gen that's in your ownership. Wash it frequently enough, underseal it, do everything to keep it minty fresh. Who cares if you maybe have to pay someone to do it, it will bring a smile to your face everytime.

The type-s was made to be driving so drive the thing, enjoy it, keep it clean and minty fresh because if you don't I guarantee you someone else who loves preludes will!

ATR84

Toyota Yaris GR

Post by ATR84 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:13 am

newkid wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:35 pm
You guys are all crazy talking about preserving a car. It's a rust free, very clean 5th gen that's in your ownership. Wash it frequently enough, underseal it, do everything to keep it minty fresh. Who cares if you maybe have to pay someone to do it, it will bring a smile to your face everytime.

The type-s was made to be driving so drive the thing, enjoy it, keep it clean and minty fresh because if you don't I guarantee you someone else who loves preludes will!
This is something I have considered but ultimately my decision is to sell instead. To each their own :thumbup:

Dino

Toyota Yaris GR

Post by Dino » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:59 pm

Not selling my cars now.. done the maths following finance package and wasnt what i thought it was and not financially practical/sensible... plus i had a fall in love moment with the mazda again on way home from work on monday :)

If you want one..go for it. Looks like an epic fun car, the more reviews i watch

Return to “General Chat”