Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

BB8 meets ZC7

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
Scott560
My Generation: 5G

BB8 meets ZC7

Post by Scott560 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:46 am

After 5 years of using the prelude as my daily car - the constant demand for fixes, availability of parts, winter approaching and generally not wishing to roll around on the floor for hours - I have decided quite swiftly to get a new daily, the Honda E.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWrpfsF

I like it - it wont be to everyone's taste however. It is relaxing and easy to drive, very well equipped (it feels premium), and has plenty of go up to 40mph perfect for changing lanes in busy traffic or burning it from the lights. It's very quiet as you'd expect. The back seats are a little cramped, and the boot is just laughable, probably even smaller than the very smallest of hatchbacks like a 107/mi/citigo etc.

Range is an issue, but most of the time it's fine to get me to work and back for 3 days before needing a charge - which reminds me I need to get a charging socket installed at home. As an unregistered member, the BP Pulse charger cost me over £11 to put in 100miles of juice in about 40 minutes. Charing from home should get me down to 1.5p/mile if I charge overnight on a special off peak tariff. Not that that's a big money saver, the cost of the car is ludicrously too high for the range. I suspect this is why not many have been sold and it will not be a 'successful' product. The drive back from the dealer was 97miles. it was on 100% as i drove off and I got 5 miles from home showing 6% so bailed out and went to the charger. I suspect there is reserve in the tank so to speak. After turning off the AC I was happy id make it, but the last few miles of the A34 are quite uphill so played it safe.

Still its very cool, and that is the only reason I bought it. I had been looking at them for a while, but very few were available in 'charge yellow' which happens to be my favourite choice. This one also had the optional diamond cut allow wheels which I think suit the car better (look a little more futuristic - annoyingly they don't have a 'name' just a product number). It's an ex demonstrator with close to 6k on the clock, with only a handful of tiny blemishes inside/outside which I can live with.
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

BB8 meets ZC7

Post by RattyMcClelland » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:12 pm

Love these and yes charge yellow is the best. Great looking cars.
My only gripe with these is the weight vs it's battery size.
1588kg with 35.5kwh battery.
Renault Zoe is 1540ish with a 50kwh battery. :crazy:

Sort it out Honda.

toadster

BB8 meets ZC7

Post by toadster » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:33 pm

Lo :mrgreen:
I like them 8)
I would need something bigger so waiting on a nice electric Honda coupé :D
Cheers for posting Your pic's :thumbup:
Toadster

Scott560

BB8 meets ZC7

Post by Scott560 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:35 pm

The range is part of the issue ratty, but charging infrastructure plays a part too. It doesn't feel too heavy, but i suspect constant start stop will play on the weight with regards to the efficiency.

On Saturday I will not be able to easily take my car on a journey we need to make. An early morning trip to London to a family wedding, followed by a trip and overnight stop in Leicester.

I can make it from home to the London wedding just on my range, but there is no where to charge near the wedding. I could charge about 2 miles away, but my wife wont be happy walking 2 miles in her indian get up. Ideally I'd be charging whilst I was at the wedding. Instead, i'd have to charge either before I get there (making the journey longer), or afterwards. Even on the full charge then, I wont get to Leicester without another recharge. I'm quite happy to sit around and wait half an hour at a quick charger and fiddle with the gadgets as its a new car, but the wife won't be so impressed with that in the long run. Whilst I don't have range anxiety so much, the thought of being 'stranded' or out of options plays heavily on her mind.

I think once charging posts (even slower 7kw ones will help) are more available so you can charge at your destination rather than along the way, range anxiety will reduce. I can live with waiting for a recharge (whilst i'm shopping, whilst i'm at a wedding, whilst at a relatives, whilst doing something), but not being able to charge when I'm not using the car does limit its functionality in these situations.

Still, I knew what I was getting into I tell myself lol. Its still very cool, something the renault zoe or others just cant compete with at the moment.

Just took my dad for a spin in it, he seems to like it and understands its range limited but cool none the less. Hope he doesn't buy one now lol, I'll never live it down (despite in my earlier years owning the same cars as my father)
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Return to “General Chat”