Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

American Adverts

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
JayJay
My Generation: 4G

American Adverts

Post by JayJay » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:18 am

Been listening to 1.fm (brilliant online radio station!) but the adverts :evil:

Theres one that talks about some crystal thing you can eat to make you better or something, and their closing words are, no joke:

"It's so pure you can even sleep in it!"

I mean, WTF! All the adverst are directed the stupidest of the stupid, and it feels like someones trying to cram a load of junk into your brain with the way phone numbers are repeated 3 or 4 times in a row in quick succession.

Always wanted to visit there, but if thats what advertising is like I really don't want to live there :lol:
Shiny wrote:I sniff dirty pants.

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:01 pm

My mate swears it's the drug adverts that are the worst. You'll find examples of these elsewhere on the net :)
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

JayJay

Post by JayJay » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:06 pm

indigolemon wrote:My mate swears it's the drug adverts that are the worst. You'll find examples of these elsewhere on the net :)
Yep, they make it sound like you're lucky to be offered an opportunity to try their drug. Two separate ads start with "you are eligible", and then go on to say that whatever problem you have makes you look ugly, and how lucky you are to be allowed to use this drug. Its sickening.

That, and the ads that pretend they're a phonecall to the owner of some company who's telling you how their weightloss drink works :roll:
Shiny wrote:I sniff dirty pants.

Return to “General Chat”