Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Well done me

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
KeithB
My Generation: 5G

Post by KeithB » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:51 pm

thanks but rewards are a son I'm proud of and still get on really well.
Stay with it and enjoy your little one and the car it'll all be fine

macky_6

Post by macky_6 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:00 pm

Shame on you all for not pointing out that quitting smoking means more ££££s for modding :twisted:

Ammo
Admin | Spammer Assassin
My Generation: 4G

Post by Ammo » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:00 pm

Can't comment on having kids, but I'm coming up for 3 years non smoking :D

One day you'll walk down the street and someone is smoking in front of you, and the smell disgusts you, then you know your over it ;) Long road but well worth it

Duo

Post by Duo » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:08 pm

For me it was the first 3 weeks, after that it just got easier and being a parent and keeping you childrens best interests at heart is the way to go, me and my g/f have two girls and they run us both to sleepy times lol I swear I never had that much energy as a kid lmao! The rewards as it has been said are a lovely well balanced child but it is hard not to laugh with some of the stuff they say hehehehe

Enjoy things lucylou and get to a few shows, never to young to make a car geek ;) hehe

mercutio
LotM Winner

Post by mercutio » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:09 pm

i brought my boy up we were alone from him being 3 months old lucy so your not on your own there are loads of people doing a great job on there own and if you have still managed to give up smoking with all the rest of the stuff going on your a strong girl good on you 8-)
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:37 pm

Gorgon wrote:I've heard the first month or two weeks or whatever is one of the hardest parts, so big up yourself if you didn't rip any heads off :)
Actually it's roughly the 7th day. At this point there is little to no nicotine left in your system but your body is still used to it so expects it and makes your cravings worse.

......now you know and knowings half the battle.....G.I. JOE!
My 5th Gen: Project Cheapskate
Pushki wrote:I change my pants every 3000 miles or every 6 months. Whichever comes first.

Merlin
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:10 am

COngrats on the smoking, im not ready to do that yet :(
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

JayJay

Post by JayJay » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:24 am

Congrats :) If you ever feel like having another one, DON'T! A friend of mine bought me one of these (a starter pack) for Christmas:

http://www.vapestick.co.uk/

Haven't wanted to smoke since getting it (well, I have smoked but only when I've had a few drinks and that is empty). I highly recommend it :) I do actually much prefer it now, I used to enjoy having a cigarette but now it's more just to sate the craving while I wait for my vapestick refills (I didn't order them in time). And I notice the smell on others! Crikey. One good thing about the vapestick is no smell! And all you're inhaling is water vapour and nicotine, as opposed to the 4000+ chemicals in cigarettes.

Not to mention the savings :) If you're a smoker, check it out! Many places are selling disposable ones, that's what we tried first. If you're unsure try them first, should be around £8-£9 and 500 'puffs'.

Much better than the gums as well I found, I tried the Nicorette and it was good, but this is better :)

Heh this has turned in to some sort of sales pitch :lol: Sorry, but congratulations on quitting :)
Shiny wrote:I sniff dirty pants.

lucylou

Post by lucylou » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:04 am

Thanks so much for all the kind comments, it really does mean a lot! :D

I have every intention of getting more involved car-wise and coming along to meets so the stupid questions WILL keep coming :twisted:

You can all bring out the :geek: in me!

8-)

2lude
XBOX GamerTag: a2lude

Post by 2lude » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:57 am

I'm also a separated dad and I'm much happier now than I ever was with my ex she made my life a living hell

Return to “General Chat”