Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Metamap

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Metamap

Post by indigolemon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:23 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure what a Metamap is either :lol:

But it is the name some of my mates have chosen for their latest musical project. Website is up and running at http://www.metamap.me.uk - and they are giving their first EP away free as a Digital Download in a variety of formats.

I would love to hear what you guys think of the music (all their own work) and the website (including the vaguely communist artwork - both are all my own work, so give me a nudge if you find problems!). Their sound is hard to describe, so you're just going to have to listen and see what you think (it is free after all!)

Cheers, and enjoy.
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Ammo
Admin | Spammer Assassin

Post by Ammo » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:28 pm

Sorta 80's electro ish

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

Post by indigolemon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:34 pm

Yup - it's the weird combination of sounds that I find hard to describe to be honest. Every description I come up with ends with 'ish' :lol:
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Ammo
Admin | Spammer Assassin

Post by Ammo » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:37 pm

Duran duran meets electro?

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

Post by indigolemon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:43 pm

Just finished their 'about' page, from the wording there:
Never short of melody or a cleverly cutting lyric, their layers of harmonised vocals soar over glitchy catchy electronic synthesizing, making Metamap sound precisely like the adolescent spawn of Ratatat and Abba. Or maybe more like what the three-way genetic mutation of Kylie Minogue, Soulwax, and JS Bach would sound like to innocent ears. Or perhaps even vaguely similar to the sound of David Bowie chasing The Associates through a synthesiser factory.

JayJay

Post by JayJay » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:22 pm

Looks good 8-) My only quarrel is when you click on Audio all the page naviagtion dissapears :lol:

I'll give the music a listen when I get home, no speakers at work ;)
Shiny wrote:I sniff dirty pants.

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

Post by indigolemon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:35 pm

JayJay wrote:Looks good 8-) My only quarrel is when you click on Audio all the page naviagtion dissapears :lol:
That's cause the audio is hosted by bandcamp - they get to take the bandwidth hit for the downloads y'see. Am looking into integrating it slightly better though - I don't like the 'jump' to another layout.

JayJay

Post by JayJay » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:38 pm

indigolemon wrote:
JayJay wrote:Looks good 8-) My only quarrel is when you click on Audio all the page naviagtion dissapears :lol:
That's cause the audio is hosted by bandcamp - they get to take the bandwidth hit for the downloads y'see. Am looking into integrating it slightly better though - I don't like the 'jump' to another layout.
Thought so. Either way, looks nice bud 8-)
Shiny wrote:I sniff dirty pants.

Return to “General Chat”