Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

The 'look at what I did today' thread

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
TitzonToast
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: TitzonToast

Post by TitzonToast » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:39 am

I dropped my Lude into a local tuners to have a stainless exhaust fitted a few days ago. I'm delighted with the work they did.
It's custom built from the de-cat back. I didn't want it to drone.

Hopefully these images work!
New stainless exhaust
Tamquam Pullum Gustavit

toadster

Post by toadster » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:17 pm

Lo :D
That looks really nice :mrgreen: :thumbup:
Cheers for posting ;)
Toadster

Max

Post by Max » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:50 pm

My new trunk spring clip turned up in the week so went to have a go at fitting it and adjusting the torsion bars to suit the larger spoiler, i wasn't expecting this to be easy and surprise surprise it was an absolute bear. :x

Fitted the clip which was easy it just twist locks into place, then went to adjust the bars... OMG what a pain. In the end decided that lying in the boot with the rear seat down was best, after more faffing i decided removing the speakers may help as otherwise you're fighting against them too. So finally with the speakers removed and lying in the boot with nothing but a 15mm ring spanner i managed to get both sides adjusted, winner winner chicken dinner! :D

Then with the boot open i wrangled the bars onto the clip, almost crushed one of my fingers between the bars... lucky escape. :oops:

So finally after all this time with everything in place, torsion bars adjusted and positioned in the clip as per the factory diagram, i shut the boot and went to pull the boot popper to see it finally work like it should, drum roll please........ pop, Huh? :eh:

Gotta admit im kinda disappointed, I was expecting the boot to fully open by itself like my BMW but all it does is pop it open an inch and prevent it acting like a guillotine once open. :|

Still, at least the bars dont clang against the speakers and the boot makes a nicer sound when you shut it. :lol:
Last edited by Max on Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toadster

Post by toadster » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:06 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll:
:lolno:

Max

Post by Max » Sun May 08, 2022 1:28 pm

Swapped the dash over to a good condition one (mine had bad scratches and some previous numpty decided to superglue things to it...) ended up having to swap the entire loom over from the old dash to the new due to the digital climate control, i was surprised at how many of the bolts holding the dash in were lose, they must have worked themselves out over time... hopefully now it will be a bit less rattily over bumps.

Total time was about 4 hours on my own but quite happy with the result and everything works.

Between that and the carbon centre console trim I found I'm pretty happy with the interior, but i would still like to get a double din in there at some point...

If anyone wants a dash loom or any connectors etc from a 2.0 5th gen let me know, although i suspect 2.2 dash loom is the same.
Last edited by Max on Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

Post by Sailor » Mon May 09, 2022 7:39 pm

I did a tip run today:
4 car batteries, 1 bike battery, a bike radiator and about 100kg of ferrous mix = £72.

I was happy with that.
International Pensioner of Mystery

toadster

Post by toadster » Tue May 10, 2022 3:27 pm

Great work with the dash 8)
Cheers ;)
Toadster

Max

Post by Max » Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:10 am

Done my first wrinkle red valve cover paint job and i have to say im very happy with the results, my OCD says its not 'perfect' as in terms of how even the wrinkle finish is i would call it 98% but i am being very nit picky :D

Last edited by Max on Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toadster

Post by toadster » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:29 pm

I would be VERY happy with that 8)
Great job :thumbup:
Cheers ;)
Toadster

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:51 pm

Max wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:10 am
Done my first wrinkle red valve cover paint job and i have to say im very happy with the results, my OCD says its not 'perfect' as in terms of how even the wrinkle finish is i would call it 98% but i am being very nit picky :D

Looks good - using the tried and tested method of 'a bit of wood on an upside down plastic tub on the back garden patio' - exactly how I did it.

I found the wrinkle came out more consistent if I heated the valve cover up first with a heat gun, one very light coat of paint quickly followed by a very heavy coat sprayed on from all directions. Need to re do mine as all the track day heat has slowly started to brittle it and flake off. This time i'll see if i can use the mill at work to restore the machining marks on the lettering which always end up getting sanded off.
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Return to “General Chat”