Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

The 'look at what I did today' thread

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

Post by Sailor » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:15 pm

Today we celebrated: 30 years ago, Ricky moved here from Germany and we started to live together. Yippee!
It marked the end of maxing out credit cards travelling between Hampshire and the Rheinland on an almost weekly basis. Yippee again!
International Pensioner of Mystery

Sailor
Supporter 2016

Post by Sailor » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:37 am

Ricky sold her MX5 today.

Jan bought a BMW325 yesterday that's halfway to being the track car he wants - and cheap enough to be a sound basis for a decent build.

And the day before, the Volvo passed its MoT. Emissions levels were less than a sixtieth of the allowances. Not bad for a car without a cat. Who says old motors are bad for the planet?

Sailor
Supporter 2016

Post by Sailor » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:52 pm

Today I finally got my sleep back.

The friend who owns the boat I sail was taken ill in France and he asked me if I could go over to bring it back.
St Vaast (on the Cherbourg peninsula) to Cowes in 12 hours wasn't at all bad.
Mind you, we had 30 to 40 knots of wind most of the way with the occasional gust in the 50s, so that might have contributed a bit ...

Scott560
My Generation: 5G

Post by Scott560 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:20 pm

Bit dead in here, so after having the last couple of weeks off, I've managed to get a load of small jobs done! no where near enough, but many hours spent helps keep on top of things.

Raised suspension (remember that one centimeter on the shocks is multiplied a bit in the end result, more so on the back!)
New piston seals/dust covers/bores honed/cleaned up front pistons, new guide pins/boots - front ATR calipers.
New guide pins / boots - rear calipers.
Repainted rear calipers/caliper carrier.
Fresh RBF600 fluid.
Adjust handbrake.
Rewire folding mirrors.
Rewire and fit OEM front foglight switch.
Remove all old alarm wiring, repair cut wires.
Rewire DAB aerial amplifier to ANT power line instead (not that it makes much difference, still crap signal lol).
Colour code rear fog light surround.
Colour code and refit front number plate plinth.
Colour code spark plug cover.
Repair/paint cracked front Motegi lip. not perfect but less visible than the damage.
Headlights polish / sealed.
Found some holes in the boot floor from an old CD autochanger install, self tappers straight through! dab of paint and some silver tape to cover, should stop the condensation.
Engine service items - oil/oil filter/air filter/plugs/cap/arm/new red HT leads...
Polish + Wax

And probably some other bits I've forgotten aswell!

Still a few more little cosmetic jobs to do , and only a couple more mechanical (2x belts , cambelt at some point).

Phew, looking forward to a relaxing few days back at the day job (desk based lol).

Hope everyone else is using the at home time to catch up on all the small jobs!

Cheers,

Scott
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Drax
My Generation: 4G

Post by Drax » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:59 am

really good work 8) i've been trying to get my parking pole working the last week or so - managed to get the button lit up :lol: :roll: put that aside briefly until after the MOT due tomorrow
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

toadster

Post by toadster » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:58 am

Lo Scott560 :D
Blimey You've done a lot :shock:
Good stuff :thumbup:
We need photographic proof mind 8)
Cheers ;)
Toadster

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:37 pm

toadster wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:58 am
Lo Scott560 :D
Blimey You've done a lot :shock:
Good stuff :thumbup:
We need photographic proof mind 8)
Cheers ;)
Toadster
I don't normally get around to taking pictures of any work done or of my car in general (hands dirty / gloves / cant be arsed to get phone / dont wanna get camera dirty) - but since it wasn't raining, the car was still clean, and I got a new camera, here are some pics! It looks so mint in the pictures - but trust me it isn't, little dents and chips everywhere.

Compared to how it was before, it feels like its riding on stilts (very high) but in the pictures it looks just right. Maybe i'll go down 1 turn on the shocks, but i'm enjoying the extra ground clearance and my knee doesn't complain so much getting in and out.

Hard to make out the colour coded numberplate plinth - its slightly darker/bluer than the bumper. my honeycombe grill and prelude badge is lost to the shadows too.

Rear lip doesn't fit as tightly as id like. Also, the one fitted was previously melted around the exhaust, so I had to dremel out a section which makes the exhaust seem a tab low. Have another unblemished one to fit but needs painting.

You can make out the diagonal line where I painted part of the front lip - but its a lot less noticeable then the cracked/chipped/base layer showing through.

Very happy with how the rear fog turned out - used some rattle cans from ebay , was surprised how much better/easier the paint/finish come out than when i tried to do some spraying with the gun/proper paints. So much so that the currently fitted cut rear lip - i might replace it with one sprayed with the same rattle cans. My attempts to paint it 'properly' went badly.

Once the lockdown is over , i'll try and get some better pictures - need to practice getting my photography up to scratch. Starting to feel happy about how the car is looking. The motegi kit + refurbed wheels and lower profile tyres really made the car tbh. A lot of hassle chasing down parts and painting and giving up and getting more parts, but all worth it in the end.
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

nitin_s1
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:38 pm

Wow great work.. :o :clap:

OEM+

Post by OEM+ » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:51 pm

Yep, liking that! I'd been debating whether or not the colour-code the rear fog surround on mine - definitely sold on the idea having seen yours!
JayIG • 5th Gen 2.2VTi 2WS Auto • 91k

ATR84
XBOX GamerTag: mike84n

Post by ATR84 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:52 pm

Your pictures are great :wave:

Lude looks lovely,, stunner 8)

Return to “General Chat”