Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

H18WDY

Looking for something? Ask here
scott379w
My Generation: 4G

H18WDY

Post by scott379w » Wed May 13, 2020 7:15 pm

Hi,

I’m looking to see if anyone knows the owner of this registration/vehicle. If you do please let me know as I would like to purchase the registration.

Thanks,

Scott

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

H18WDY

Post by wurlycorner » Mon May 18, 2020 11:29 pm

Have you seen it on a lude in particular, or just going by what type of car it's listed as being on, on the DVLA?

Looking it up on the mot history checker, it's listed on a silver Honda Prelude... What's interesting is that an H plate should be a 3g and... Silver 3g's are pretty rare (for some reason, they only seem to be pre-face EX's?). Wonder if it's actually on a later 4/5g as a private plate???

Scott560
My Generation: 5G

H18WDY

Post by Scott560 » Tue May 19, 2020 7:55 am

i did a reg check and seem to recall the words VTi showing, meaning its on a later 5th gen which is Sorned and no MOT for a while - unlikely to get the plate id say in any case (pretty sure the car has to have a valid MOT to transfer the plate off?)
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

H18WDY

Post by wurlycorner » Tue May 19, 2020 9:42 am

Scott560 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:55 am
i did a reg check and seem to recall the words VTi showing, meaning its on a later 5th gen which is Sorned and no MOT for a while
Ah yes, you're right - on the tax/most check, it shows as being on a VTi
(pretty sure the car has to have a valid MOT to transfer the plate off?)
I think you're right there.

I believe you can write to the DVLA to request the current registered keepers details;
https://www.gov.uk/request-information-from-dvla
That may be your best bet if no-one on here knows the reg

scott379w

H18WDY

Post by scott379w » Tue May 19, 2020 12:14 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I have only seen it on the DVLA as it was a plate I had wanted before but wasn’t available. The owner hasn’t had the car on the road for quite a while so I am hoping they would be willing to part with it.

You can transfer a registration from a car until it has SORN’d for 5 years then it needs Tax and an MOT before it can be transferred. It’s approaching that point for this car.

I hoped they may have been on here at some point or someone may have seen it in the past, the car is a 1997 originally and I believe it is in the Brighton area.

I appreciate it’s a bit of a long shot but given that time is running out I hoped It would be a win-win with me acquiring the plate and the owner getting some cash they wouldn’t have been expecting.

Return to “Wanted”