Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

5th Gen. Foglight switch, wiring harness and relay

Looking for something? Ask here
Borstz
My Generation: 5G

Post by Borstz » Sat May 30, 2020 2:20 pm

Hi follks,

as my awful workshop completely messed up my foglight wiring and switch I am looking for OEM parts now. I need a foglight switch and the wiring harness for the interior including the relay that is needed to wire everything correctly.

Any help is much appreciated!

Andy

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Sat May 30, 2020 3:59 pm

i used a generic ebay kit , and then waited for an OEM switch to turn up on here.

You can get the OEM switch from ebay USA sometimes, not sure if its still in stock at honda (expect it to be expensive if it is!). Last time I looked it was 40quid from usa on ebay.

You can make a half decent job of installing it yourself as long as your patient.

my fog lights are earthed to the central support in front of the radiator, re-using one of the PS cooler line brackets.
my relay is held in place and earthed on the shock tower near the fusebox in the engine bay - this is a convenient earth point for the relay and close to the fusebox for the live feed.
the relay is inline fused, and is connected straight to the fuseboxes existing screw terminals for positive feed, complete with some black OE looking cable ducting.

Then you just need to run 1 wire into the cabin for a +12v feed from the switch (which i took from the radio switched live so i can't accidentally leave my fogs on)

If you wait around for an OEM kit, you might be waiting a long time. The only thing i would change about my setup is the relay location, its fouls my insulated airbox slightly making it tricky to remove, but since i'm only doing an airfilter once a year, its a small price to pay.
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Parratt
XBOX GamerTag: CRACKEDPARRATT

Post by Parratt » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:15 pm

Is that just the switch and the wires that plug into the loom yes?

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:38 pm

This user is after the optional front foglight kit , the rear foglight switch doesn't fit the blank in the dashboard...
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Parratt
XBOX GamerTag: CRACKEDPARRATT

Post by Parratt » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:18 pm

Okie dokie cheers buddy

Return to “Wanted”