Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Wanted OEM 4th gen radio+dsp

Looking for something? Ask here
vanzep
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Post by vanzep » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:30 pm

I did try another stereo (with remote cd changer unplugged) and it worked fine but i did read somewhere the remote cd changer can cause an issue so i want to try another. If it is not that then i have two radio and dsp units that are faulty. All power up fine but just no sound - just occasional loud crackle :? I will let you know how i get on.
1996-2000 1993 EG9 Blue Civic 1.6 Vti - Traded in against the BB4
2000-2019 1994 2WS BB4 Milano Red JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD

2015 on > 1991 4WS BB1 Phantom Pearl Grey JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD
2021 ON > 1998 2WS BB6 White Pearl JDM Prelude Si VTEC

wllm

Post by wllm » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:46 am

vanzep wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:30 pm
I did try another stereo (with remote cd changer unplugged) and it worked fine but i did read somewhere the remote cd changer can cause an issue so i want to try another. If it is not that then i have two radio and dsp units that are faulty. All power up fine but just no sound - just occasional loud crackle :? I will let you know how i get on.
I have two "normal" prelude radios, one with indash cd or equaliser option and another with cd changer option.
The one with the indash cd option routes the audio through cd indash cd player indeed (for the equaliser option). The one with cd changer option does not route the audio through the changer, instead it only receives audio. Check alpine MBus pinout.

I would expect the radio to route the audio through the DSP and the DSP would only receive audio from the cd changer. I would guess the issue might be in the DSP unit but I'll know when I get mine and poke around a bit :)

vanzep
Supporter 2016

Post by vanzep » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:17 pm

Any info would be very helpful.
Im not going to throw any of the dsp stuff away. The idea was to have a working set in the BB1 and another set as spare or for any forum member that had an issue with their set ( guess thats only a few people in the uk . :lol: ).
The oem dsp just looks perfect imo. I know you can buy far better aftermarket upgrade stuff but i just like the look and the sound is good enough for what im listening to.
I bought a working set from New Zealand which cost a fair bit in shipping and import duty. The other set i got in the uk but it was untested.
I have a pdf of the Honda Manual for DSP - it doesnt tell you very much but nice to have. Let me know if you want a copy.
1996-2000 1993 EG9 Blue Civic 1.6 Vti - Traded in against the BB4
2000-2019 1994 2WS BB4 Milano Red JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD

2015 on > 1991 4WS BB1 Phantom Pearl Grey JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD
2021 ON > 1998 2WS BB6 White Pearl JDM Prelude Si VTEC

wllm

Post by wllm » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:51 am

vanzep wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:17 pm
Any info would be very helpful.
Im not going to throw any of the dsp stuff away. The idea was to have a working set in the BB1 and another set as spare or for any forum member that had an issue with their set ( guess thats only a few people in the uk . :lol: ).
The oem dsp just looks perfect imo. I know you can buy far better aftermarket upgrade stuff but i just like the look and the sound is good enough for what im listening to.
I bought a working set from New Zealand which cost a fair bit in shipping and import duty. The other set i got in the uk but it was untested.
I have a pdf of the Honda Manual for DSP - it doesnt tell you very much but nice to have. Let me know if you want a copy.
I Agree completely, all those VFD displays and green backlit buttons in the prelude are magic! I'd rather have a DSP set than a two din modern radio.
I got a friend to pick one up in Thailand :) He'll be visiting the Netherlands soon. It's untested too so it's going to be "exciting" :lol: However I expect it will need repairs (very likely the bulbs)

I would be very interested in any documentation for the DSP system so yes please, I would like a copy!

Return to “Wanted”