Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Aftermarket Exhaust Manifold

Looking for something? Ask here
km666
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: fargoneonone

Post by km666 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:13 pm

Jackson Bondy wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:02 pm

Did you go for this in the end?
Real life stuff has gotten in the way but I'm digging around again. I was considering going for a Fujistsobo manifold and Legalis R exhaust imported but the shipping costs are eye wateringly expensive.
Ordered this one, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181992905935 £413.45 all in. Made seller an offer for $400 which was instantly accepted so may get lucky by offering $380 and save a bit more. Should be with me by the 2nd of August at the latest.

It also seems like Paypal has a better exchange rate than eBay as the total dropped by selecting Paypal.
-KM666

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:17 pm

Jackson Bondy wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:16 pm
Could you theoretically use spacers and longer bolts to fit the heatshield or is the clearance/width also an issue? I know this is the case with most if not all the aftermarket manifolds but I wasn't sure if the heatshield could be made to fit.
Sorry, never replied way back when you posted this follow up to my last post - I've seen others have, but here we go anyway...

Nope, spacers wouldn't help fitting the original heatshield. The FGK header is bigger in all ways and the oem heatshield simply won't fit over it.

I do still have a spare full FGK header I'd part with, if you're interested.

Jackson Bondy
XBOX GamerTag: Jacksb4

Post by Jackson Bondy » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:03 pm

wurlycorner wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:17 pm
Jackson Bondy wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:16 pm
Could you theoretically use spacers and longer bolts to fit the heatshield or is the clearance/width also an issue? I know this is the case with most if not all the aftermarket manifolds but I wasn't sure if the heatshield could be made to fit.
Sorry, never replied way back when you posted this follow up to my last post - I've seen others have, but here we go anyway...

Nope, spacers wouldn't help fitting the original heatshield. The FGK header is bigger in all ways and the oem heatshield simply won't fit over it.

I do still have a spare full FGK header I'd part with, if you're interested.
Hi,

No problem on getting back to me, unfortunately a few weeks ago I got rear ended in traffic and I've been having a nightmare getting it all sorted. Fortunately it doesn't look like they're going to write the car off as it only split the bottom piece of the bumper so let me get that sorted out for definite first.
How much would you be looking for for the header?
'99 BB8 Motegi (H22A8)

Jackson Bondy

Post by Jackson Bondy » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:20 am

Still looking for one of these, seem to be rare as anything these days!
'99 BB8 Motegi (H22A8)

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:09 pm

Jackson Bondy wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:20 am
Sorry, had missed this reply.
Yep still got the FGK. Let me dig it out, get some pics and get back to you with price.

Jackson Bondy

Post by Jackson Bondy » Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:25 pm

wurlycorner wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:09 pm
Jackson Bondy wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:20 am
Sorry, had missed this reply.
Yep still got the FGK. Let me dig it out, get some pics and get back to you with price.
Legend thankyou, I did send you a private message ages ago but assumed real life had gotten in the way as it all too often seems to be for us all at the moment!
'99 BB8 Motegi (H22A8)

Jackson Bondy

Post by Jackson Bondy » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:06 am

Still looking for one of these please if anyone has anything of interest!

I'm also now looking for:
Drivers side interior door handle, the return spring on mine is snapped.
Center air vent panel, some of the vents on mine are broken.
Rear exhaust heat shield (the one that goes above the backbox), mine is completely rotten.
Fuel tank bracket (part 6 below), mine is completely rotten,.

'99 BB8 Motegi (H22A8)

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:09 pm

Very belatedly, I have finally dug this out and taken pics today!
IMAG7636 (Large).jpg
IMAG7637 (Large).jpg
IMAG7638 (Large).jpg
IMAG7639 (Large).jpg
IMAG7640 (Large).jpg
IMAG7641 (Large).jpg
IMAG7642 (Large).jpg
IMAG7643 (Large).jpg
IMAG7646 (Large).jpg
IMAG7647 (Large).jpg
IMAG7648 (Large).jpg
IMAG7649 (Large).jpg
IMAG7652 (Large).jpg
It's the complete manifold/header but is missing the manifold-downpipe gasket and the spring bolts for the swivel joint.
I *might* have a replacement gasket and if I do, I'll include it. If not, the gasket is still available from Fuji.

You'll see that it does have the rear hanger bracket welded onto the downpipe (which is a good thing and is not standard for FGK's) although the bracket that bolts to that (shown in the pics) is not included - I need to keep that. You will already have that on your car though, so not a problem.

These are all sized from new, to fit a jdm car (shorter cat) and this one looks completely original. I've included a pic with the measurement of the rear section so you can check (there is some info on this forum somewhere about what lengths fit what) but it can either be shortened or lengthened easily by any fabricator/exhaust place, anyway.

I bought this used and it had the typical fuji dent/scrape at the bottom of the downpipe, so I sent it off to be repaired by Solid Fabrication (very well known on here, good quality stainless exhaust builder - though no longer does lude work these days, only high end stuff now!). That's why you can see two new sections of pipe let in. You can see the quality of the welds and the grade of pipe, in the pics though.

I'd like £275 for it, plus postage (or you can collect of course). I'm losing money at the price given what I paid for it and the repair, but that's just how things go unfortunately.
(Nb: new, they're £475+ shipping from Japan + import duty + VAT).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Drax

Post by Drax » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:05 am

thats a very rare beast nowadays, and too cheap!!
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

Jackson Bondy

Post by Jackson Bondy » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:31 pm

Hi, thanks for posting all that up, don't worry about the delay, the Lude hasn't moved since April and won't be going anywhere for a while yet - I really need to get a thread started on here for it to document stuff.
wurlycorner wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:09 pm
It's the complete manifold/header but is missing the manifold-downpipe gasket and the spring bolts for the swivel joint.
I *might* have a replacement gasket and if I do, I'll include it. If not, the gasket is still available from Fuji.
Do you know if there's an equivalent or replacement spring bolt available? On their website it looks as though it comes with a full "accessories pack" sort of thing, perhaps this can be ordered separately?
wurlycorner wrote:
You'll see that it does have the rear hanger bracket welded onto the downpipe (which is a good thing and is not standard for FGK's) although the bracket that bolts to that (shown in the pics) is not included - I need to keep that. You will already have that on your car though, so not a problem.
As you say, already got the extra bracket, and I know from taking the old exhaust off that with that bracket the whole manifold out to the cat is kept rock steady against the engine.
wurlycorner wrote:
These are all sized from new, to fit a jdm car (shorter cat) and this one looks completely original. I've included a pic with the measurement of the rear section so you can check (there is some info on this forum somewhere about what lengths fit what) but it can either be shortened or lengthened easily by any fabricator/exhaust place, anyway.
Pretty much my entire exhaust is rotten and so it will be getting completely replaced. At the moment I'm leaning towards a high flow cat with a custom stainless system all the way through (so the length won't be an issue), but I need to do some more research on what people recommend regarding diameter etc to get the best setup with whatever manifold I go for.
wurlycorner wrote:
I bought this used and it had the typical fuji dent/scrape at the bottom of the downpipe, so I sent it off to be repaired by Solid Fabrication (very well known on here, good quality stainless exhaust builder - though no longer does lude work these days, only high end stuff now!). That's why you can see two new sections of pipe let in. You can see the quality of the welds and the grade of pipe, in the pics though.
Those TIG welds look very nice and aren't off-putting, besides I'm not intending to massively lower the car, assuming it goes on coilovers at all (it's got the Motegi suspension right now but the dampers are a little tired). I assume being stainless that with some TLC it'll clean up nicely, and I'd consider a ceramic coating since you can't use the standard heatshield with an aftermarket manifold.
wurlycorner wrote:
I'd like £275 for it, plus postage (or you can collect of course). I'm losing money at the price given what I paid for it and the repair, but that's just how things go unfortunately.
(Nb: new, they're £475+ shipping from Japan + import duty + VAT).
That works out close to £600 for one imported!

I just need to do some snooping around and see what gains/benefits this particular manifold has and if it fits what I'm doing, my long term plan is to keep it N/A and for the foreseeable just experiment with bolt ons.
If it all works out then I think I'll take it.
'99 BB8 Motegi (H22A8)

Return to “Wanted”