Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Mk5 bb8 drivers and passenger window regs/ motors

Looking for something? Ask here
Deanobrown117
My Generation: 5G

Post by Deanobrown117 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:53 pm

Hi people, first time posting in this group, more of a regular in the 350z forums but I know how they work sort of haha, tbh I’ll explain everything later, rebuilding my motegi from the ground up been doing so for a while now, both electric windows not working, power to the motor simple enough it hasn’t been used so imagine it’s seized same with passenger side thank god in the up position, if you’ve got another theory I’d love to hear it, I am a mechanic and no stranger to these cars but I’m sure some of you know these cars better than the way you open your front door

Cheers
Deano

Deanobrown117

Post by Deanobrown117 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:25 pm

I’ll also add, everytime I try to use the windows the locks jitter so thinking maybe a broken wire somewhere

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:51 pm

Deanobrown117 wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:25 pm
I’ll also add, everytime I try to use the windows the locks jitter so thinking maybe a broken wire somewhere
doesnt sound normal at all (never heard of it happening either). I doubt they are seized, or should i say i doubt if they are a bit seized, it is causing the lock jitter.

I would look for missing earths under the dash area somewhere, there must be a localish earth used by the window circuits close to the pedals/footwell area on both sides.

Someone else with more experience will hopefully be along shortly!
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Deanobrown117

Post by Deanobrown117 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:06 pm

Thanks for the reply Scott, bare in mind it’s been sat for about 4years plus, obviously the fact that there’s voltage going to the motor plus it’s switching up and down and both wires should completely remove the switch, and the passenger motor I can hear it ticking, I might need to have a look at the workshop manual etc, when I say causing the lock to jitter I mean it’s pretty much sounds like it’s giving the lock voltage etc

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:24 am

If it has been sat for that long - i wouldn't hold out much hope that the battery is in good condition. You might show voltage at the terminals when there is no load - but the voltage would drop the second you tried to move the motor (which could cause the central locking to go).

Otherwise I'm out of ideas.
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Deanobrown117

Post by Deanobrown117 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:15 pm

Sorry mate, I should probably clarify, battery has been replaced and I’m doing a full overhaul on everything starting from front to rear but just wanted to try and sort the windows not working as it’s very annoying, if it’s got voltage then surely I can rule out the fuse/relay

Return to “Wanted”