Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

How much is a h22a worth?

Looking for something? Ask here
Deanobrown117
My Generation: 5G

Post by Deanobrown117 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:41 pm

Hi Guys I know I’ve promised an introduction but unfortunately I’ve not got round to it yet, but I need a genuine answer.

I have a mk5 type s import with the h22a, atts etc that currently been sat on my mums drive for about 3/4 years now, it was my dads but sadly he passed away with cancer last year, plans with my other half mean we are getting a house next year, I already have my bb8 motegi I’m working on and a z33 that takes up most of my time. I don’t want to let it go but someone needs to do something with it for my dads sake, I was tempted on doing a swap into my motegi but I think I need the fund more.

How much do you reckon it’s actually worth? it’s been gutted pretty much inside, it’s in an alright condition apart from the fact it’s going to be crusty underneath, I think it’s on about 60-80k miles with the clocks changed I believe, it’s got the mugen spoiler on the back, someone on the Facebook group is looking to do a h22a swap and I’m a bit lost with a price? Can someone guide me, the paintwork has died because it’s red,

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:55 pm

its hard to say without pictures.

Get some pictures up of it from all sides and underneath where it might be crusty. The offers will start coming in and that's how much its worth.

The fact the interior is gone is gonna limit its value. How much of the interior is gone? Where is the car located?

Cheers,

Scott
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:37 pm

This.may or may not be helpful.

If it's a Type S engine then is pretty useless to anyone wanting to do a h22 a conversion. The Type S block needs a custom made adapter plate to use normal driveshafts and normal gearbox and delete ATTS. ATTS cannot be retrofitted to any other Prelude that didn't already have it. ATTS and the Type S engine use a unique block unfortunately.

It will be very useful for an already Type S/euro VTi-S owner or someone who can get the custom adapter plate made up. I deleted ATTS on my Type S and got an adapter plate made up in a USA group by many many years ago.

Also the Type S engine is basically the same as a bb8 motegi red top engine. Swapping it won't gain anything in your car. Remapping the current h22a8 in your motegi will unlock the extra hp to match the Type S engine.

Deanobrown117

Post by Deanobrown117 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:13 am

Okay, so basically the guy wants to swap his f20 engine out for the h22a, is there something else that shares the h22 then? obviously this will surely come with everything he needs box shafts and engine? Granted about the atts but you’re saying that will still cause issues for him?

A lot of the responses he is getting are people saying they’ve done it themselves etc,

The only reason I was going to do it for my bb8 was due to the mileage difference tbh not the power plus it would give me an excuse to do a full rebuild with it out the car.

RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:42 am

Yes it will cause issues. The gearbox, engine block are unique to the Type S. ATTS is basically dead weight attached to the engine if it's not in use and the gearbox is mated to ATTS so both are useless on other Prelude.
My m2u4 transmission went in the bin when I converted to LSD transmission, literally couldn't give it away.
If he wants to use your Type S engine he will need a custom made adapter plate so you can mount a normal intermediate to the block in place of the ATTS system, a normal h22 gearbox not the m2u4 Type s box and a normal 5th gen passenger side driveshaft and intermediate shaft. Driver side driveshafts are the same. Saying that the f20a4 driveshafts and transmission will bolt on but he will still need an adapter place and ecu and all wiring.

And finally the Type S ECU need the ATTS ECU to work :lol:

Type S preludes are a huge pain in the ass.

Drax
My Generation: 4G

Post by Drax » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:13 am

i think its best shoving some pictures up, as many as you can from inside, outside, engine bay and from under the car then we can help put a rough value and i'd say it's best to sell as a restoration project - they are a car worth some £££ so you should get a reasonable price even as it is
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

Deanobrown117

Post by Deanobrown117 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:55 pm

Thanks for the quick and insightful responses guys I do appreciate it, he’s contemplating restoring my one I believe, I’ll get some pictures tonight and some more info etc, I have literally everything for it just it’s been pulled apart etc, I just don’t have the time to go through it, I’m more committed to the bb8 as it’s in a better way

RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:06 pm

Deanobrown117 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:55 pm
Thanks for the quick and insightful responses guys I do appreciate it, he’s contemplating restoring my one I believe, I’ll get some pictures tonight and some more info etc, I have literally everything for it just it’s been pulled apart etc, I just don’t have the time to go through it, I’m more committed to the bb8 as it’s in a better way
That's the best way, if he can restore your it might be far easier for him and it keeps your dad's car going

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:35 pm

Get some pictures up - I'm always after a summer project :P
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Deanobrown117

Post by Deanobrown117 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:00 pm

Not going to lie, I’m having issues posting pictures, I used to be red hot on windows xp but I’ve never dealt with a forum interface like this sorry guys help 😂

Return to “Wanted”