Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

4th gen SRS type I steeringwheel with airbag and clockspring

Looking for something? Ask here
wllm
My Generation: 4G

Post by wllm » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:10 pm

I'm looking for an cruise+SRS I/III steering wheel with the clockspring.

One of the previous owners or car shops have replaced the dash and steering wheel with non SRS ones, likely because of an collision. It still contains all the wiring and even the SRS ecu, only the airbags were deleted. and the horn wire was just patched in the connector bare copper :thumbdown:. My current non SRS dash has some glue damage (probably a carkit) I got a new dash and it has the passenger airbag. I'm also retrofitting cruise control and therefore I need the SRS+cruise clockspring as that should be compatible with the wiring in my prelude, might as well repair the SRS system too.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Yep definitely a good idea to get it refitted and working if you can/are going for a standard car.

Where are you located? (Airbags aren't meant to be sent by post so might help if there's someone nearby)

wllm

Post by wllm » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:28 pm

wurlycorner wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:33 pm
Yep definitely a good idea to get it refitted and working if you can/are going for a standard car.

Where are you located? (Airbags aren't meant to be sent by post so might help if there's someone nearby)
I haven't thought of that yet but indeed, that might be an issue. I'm from the Netherlands and it seems hard to get the typeI/III here, I already have the type II but can't use it with my car as the system is fundamentally different. Well, this is some food for thought :)

Return to “Wanted”