Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Off Side REAR Track Rod End (5th Gen)

Chassis/Brakes/Steering/Wheels discussion
pidda1
My Generation: 5G

Off Side REAR Track Rod End

Post by pidda1 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:14 pm

Max wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:54 pm
Fingers crossed they dont cancel the order because its isnt available at the supplier, that happened to me on some other parts... Its a bit odd that it wasnt available but now it is, i wonder if Honda have started reproducing them, i know they started reproducing some parts for the S2000 but i couldn't find any information if that was the case with the Prelude.

But yeah if they have stock i'd say anyone with 4WS should just get on it and order the ends just in case.

Now if they would just re-stock the high pressure power steering hose and gearbox oil cooler lines that would be lovely :thumbup:
They did cancel mate, bloody typical... So back to looking. lol

Max

Post by Max » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:07 pm

Ah mate that sucks, maybe they just sold out again who knows!

pidda1

Post by pidda1 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:58 am

Hello everyone, I hope you've all had a good christmas and new year. I thought I'd better get an update on here as it's been a while and there has been some progress to report.

After getting messed around by a few companies (amayama, pfkling, fitinparts) who all claimed to have stock of the tie rod ends 53550-SS0-R01 (a suggested alternative to 53550-SS0-J61), and took my money and then refunded days later, I picked up the vectra tie rod end 93186321 (123spareparts.co.uk), and had that fitted along with the rack arm 53020-ss0-000 which I got thanks to vanzep. So far I've not had any issues and the chap that fitted it said it'd be fine.

I also found that moog have a page on their website where you can enter the specifications of the tie rod end you need and they will suggest something that fits - https://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/u ... d_ends.asp I thought this might be useful if the vectra one’s become difficult to find.
I also contacted https://amsteer.co.uk/ and https://rebuilderschoice.com/ about making some, but neither replied back to me.

While trying to get this sorted I found out that the dust seal/boot 53954-SF1-J61 and band/bellows 53449-SM4-000 aren't available anymore. I ended up having to get some off of ebay from a breaker. So if anyone knows anything compatible mainly the dust seal, please let me know, I'm sure something exists out there that would fit.

However more concerning was that I couldn't find anything available for replacing the rack arms 53020-ss0-000, which although I'm sorted for the timebeing I can't help thinking that the other side is probably not going to last too much longer. I did find one on fitinparts, but again they refunded days later, I also found that Herth+Buss did a compatible part J4844025 and they even have them on amazon -

However they've not been in stock every time I check, I have asked to be notified once back in stock, maybe if we all do that they'll run some more off? Although I'll not get my hopes up. The other option obviously would be a 4WS delete kit, which I really don't want, but when push comes to shove, I'd rather keep my prelude on the road than have to get something else. So if anyone knows anything about that, it'd be great if you could share the information.

Thanks for all your support, and all the best for the future.

fp_bb8

Post by fp_bb8 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:31 pm

Just jumping on this for future readers.

My 5th gen recently failed MOT on both rear outer track rods (and some other parts!). As per this thread, I purchased the STARK SKTE-0280033 Track rod end, and the garage fitted them without issue. I've since driven ~30 miles on them, and so far, I've got no complaints.

Thanks for the advice, it's been a lifesaver.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:37 am

Only just see the Jan post on here from pidda1, for some reason.
Some really great info and additions from people here - well done for all the investigation work and thanks for coming back with the updates. Really useful for other luders!

Drax
My Generation: 4G

Off Side REAR Track Rod End (5th Gen)

Post by Drax » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:22 am

moved topic to the guides/tech section as this is good stuff :thumbup:
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

Return to “Chassis / Brakes / Steering / Wheels”