Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

5th gen Mugen side skirts

Looking for something? Ask here
chris_rd92
My Generation: 5G

Post by chris_rd92 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:31 pm

TypeS 4 Tea wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:04 pm
If you don’t want to ship to UK, probably BREXIT related and they don’t want the hassle, why not just say so? Rather than add the £9,999 cost as an option, just seems rather pointless and of course if you aren’t paying attention you might miss this..

Obviously I’m not well known around these parts, but if it helped I would be willing to forward them onwards from Germany for you.

Not sure what the onward postage would be, large items Internationally wouldn’t be cheap and of course there are likely to be customs fees. But I’d certainly be willing to help you out if this gets you out of a bind.
That's an extremely generous offer mate, thank you so much! I may take you up on that in future. Ill do some digging into any other associated costs and let you know. I also need to establish if the skirts from the Polish seller have fixing brackets on the back or if they have to be bonded to the oem skirts.

TypeS 4 Tea
My Generation: 5G

Post by TypeS 4 Tea » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:45 am

If you know the dimensions/weight, I can get an exact estimate for shipping. Customs charges, I only know those the other way and it comes to about 40% here for goods from the UK, not cheap.

But the risks here as I see it, other than whether or not you can trust me ;), say they arrive here and I don't notice a problem with them, best case that's gonna add significant costs. Likewise if something goes wrong between here and the UK during shipping, that could be an issue, obviously you want to have the proper insurance, but that'll only cover the purchase price. Of course if 'I bought them, then sold them to you and shipped them', we could up the sale price and insure them for more, to cover these costs if it goes wrong. However, if you do that Customs are going to base their cut on said sale price. Likewise, you could pull this trick the other way around, where I sold them for less than the new price to you, to save such fees. But then if it went wrong the insurance wouldn't pay out the full value. Always trying to work around this stuff in my head at least!

Usually I'd say you might get around this, since I do plan to come back to the UK at some point during the next year, right now though it's hard to say when, probably not before 2024. However, that will be in a Volvo C30, with my partner in the front and little one using up the one of the rear seats. I'm guessing the length of these alone would kibosh any chance of bringing such a thing with me? But if it were possible, I'd be travelling from Dover through the M4 to Bristol. I can think of a hundred 'excuses' why I wouldn't have to pay import fees in such an event, off the top of my head, 'it's my property and I'm giving it to my brother', should they ask me about them.
2015 to Present - Black 1997 JDM Prelude Type S
2014 - Red 1998 UK Prelude VTi

Return to “Wanted”