Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Lude Generation - Future Shows

The events diary
honda-hardy
Club Cartographer
My Generation: 5G

Post by honda-hardy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:47 pm

now he tells us :lol:

W1ggz
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: W1GGZ

Re: Lude Generation - Future Shows

Post by W1ggz » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:54 am

Lol my bro in law also works for arco and can get me good prices on embroidered t-shirts but they would be all the same design so no individual names just the club name

honda-hardy
Club Cartographer
My Generation: 5G

Post by honda-hardy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:23 pm

Now he tells us. :lol:

W1ggz
PSN GamerTag: W1GGZ

Re: Lude Generation - Future Shows

Post by W1ggz » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:45 pm

Waiting on a price :)

Thebusofwoe
Supporter 2014

Post by Thebusofwoe » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:33 pm

Ok so I will defo be attending the next meet. Now a LG trailer is a good idea. I would be willing to pic it up/tow it if you decide that route. Will be with a Trooper/Bighorn as that is what I am buying to tow the prelude around with. I will also have a B+E licence as of November 8-). So I think that is all the services I could provide :lol: as you lot seem to have it covered :D 8-)
One life, LIVE IT! Get VTEC, LOVE it. Drive a Honda and ENJOY it.

Build thread : http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... t7849.html

Thebusofwoe
Supporter 2014

Post by Thebusofwoe » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:39 pm

I could also store the trailer dependant on size 8-)
One life, LIVE IT! Get VTEC, LOVE it. Drive a Honda and ENJOY it.

Build thread : http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... t7849.html

becca
My Generation: 3G

Post by becca » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:45 pm

Guilty of not reading all the comments and skimming through the first 3 pages (and also guilty of not attending with the club yet, and being a non-prelude owner)

BUT.

In my opinion, execution is better than chucking a load of money at something 50% of the time...

With regards to:

Flags: Would it not be possible for someone with welding skills to build the stands, someone get some cheap but quality blank canvas and have an artist (not to everyone's taste obviously but just an example) such as a graffiti artist create something great that will be weather-proof, well executed and stand out? It would also be something different to draw attention as long as it is well executed. *edit to add, anything standing can usually be held up with sandbags, like the attachments on tripods have for weighting them. Or could be made to stick into the ground, but then depends on type of ground as to how well they'd hold / not fall onto peoples cars/tents!

Flyers: Again, anyone with a good printer could print these as a favour (from experience some people hoard quality paper and ink for printers in bulk so wouldn't be as big a cost to them) and someone with illustrator/photoshop/photography skills design them? I would happily design / photograph something but I'm sure there is someone out there who is more skilled who may be willing?

*edit on from flyers. What about printing little business cards to hand out or place under wipers for local people? Cheap, easy, brings in traffic.

Trailer: SOMEONE PLEASE CUT UP AN END-OF-LIFE PRELUDE TO MAKE A TRAILER :lol: they always bring attention and wouldn't be out of place left on the stand either!

General idea: Now this is just a completely out there idea, it may be jobby or it may be great but here it is... Maybe make the homepage into more of a blog, have a few people who are literate / photographically inclined to work together to do a few features in their spare time (mostly Lude, maybe include other Hondas etc), share videos from online etc. like carthrottle and similar. Just have one main person check over before posting so nothing bum droppings gets through any gaps? Just to build up a bit more of an online presence to get the club noticed more, bring in new members, more people to the stands etc and in turn more money in the club kitty. Obviously just an idea as it seems that people want more attention brought to the club and online features, photos, video sharing, product reviews, new product announcements etc. seem to be popular and bring in web traffic :)

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:10 pm

Not sure if everyone will agree but I think the club kitty should be made public. Not talking about who's donated what but just a total.

£127 doesn't go far. That's like collecting around £2.10 per person per day at this year's JAE.

Perhaps if the amount is visible, then when show season comes up and the costs are outlined in event threads maybe it will put things into perspective. Not saying show attenders are the only ones who should donate, I know I've only attended one one-day event in 3 years but I still chuck something in the kitty now and then (boom boom) since I use the forum a fair bit and it's also saved me more than once.

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:13 pm

Also worth remembering we don't have a paid membership like a lot of clubs, so of course there aren't the same funds coming in.

GreenyUK
Supporter 2014

Post by GreenyUK » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:45 pm

Donald wrote:Not sure if everyone will agree but I think the club kitty should be made public. Not talking about who's donated what but just a total.

£127 doesn't go far. That's like collecting around £2.10 per person per day at this year's JAE.

Perhaps if the amount is visible, then when show season comes up and the costs are outlined in event threads maybe it will put things into perspective. Not saying show attenders are the only ones who should donate, I know I've only attended one one-day event in 3 years but I still chuck something in the kitty now and then (boom boom) since I use the forum a fair bit and it's also saved me more than once.
I think this a good idea! A visible presence might well aid donating. Maybe more so than the coloured name, I bet a lot aren't sure what that is, especially new folk and might not be promoted to donate if they wish.
:mrgreen:
Donald wrote:I think the best bet is to probably all try to enter together.

Return to “Events”