Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Events 2015 - Your Feedback

The events diary
mercutio
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G

Post by mercutio » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:20 pm

or there is that track on Anglesey
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:26 pm

:lol: So a track in the middle of England is a bad idea but island off the arse end of Wales is spot on.

W1ggz
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: W1GGZ

Re: Events 2015 - Your Feedback

Post by W1ggz » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:54 pm

Probably best to do the body lemonade up after the trackday lol

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016

Post by 4thgenphil » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:56 pm

W1ggz wrote:Probably best to do the body lemonade up after the trackday lol
My thoughts exactly,although it could help settlement nerves.
:thumbdown:

farlow
XBOX GamerTag: Pikey Pockets

Post by farlow » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:02 pm

The reason I suggested a racing event rather than a track day is that

A. I don't really have a car suitable to go on track

B. The camping at race events is pretty lairey. There are sometimes bands on and party's till pretty late. This sort of thing is usually frowned upon at regular campsites.

W1ggz
PSN GamerTag: W1GGZ

Re: Events 2015 - Your Feedback

Post by W1ggz » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:30 pm

I'd be up for a btcc weekend national meet
I wouldn't want to be on track myself the day after a body lemonade up let alone anyone else that like me the day after a body lemonade up

mart609
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: mart609
PSN GamerTag: mart609

Post by mart609 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:32 pm

I'd be up for either of those

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016

Post by 4thgenphil » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:37 pm

well why don't we have the pi55 up the day after the track day?
:thumbdown:

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015

Post by lewd lude lover » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:50 am

you will never get the numbers to a Show or Event like you will to someones house for a bbq and some camping.

why? Some reasons I think may be....

No one can ever agree on a show venue because each show has a very different feel to it.
Half the people who will go to a house party will never go to a trackday or a race event because its not their thing.
Lots of people dont like race events or car shows or the people who frequent them.
Camping shows are inevitably lad body lemonade ups so the missis cant/shouldn't come. Will many wives and partners be as happy to kiss goodbye for a carshow full of car sluts and maxpower girls as for a nights camping and a bbq? No, not likely...
Having to buy a ticket to something you are not bothered with is fucktard. All you want to do is meet other members....
People dont want to feel hemmed in and controlled. I fu cking hate festivals and all other organised field activities the like in most cases. I know you love them wurly. Thats fine but you wont persuade me to like something I dont. And neither do lots of our members by the looks of it.
Security is big for lots of people as well. Come to my house for a private party is very different to come to a showground with thousands of people you dont know and leave yourself exposed all weekend. People have anxieties to attend to.
And finally the biggest part of it is basic 'botheredness'. If someone handles all the details, as in a camping party, then people dont have to think. Soon as you add tickets and a place you never went with lots of people and the costs involved with a show it suddenly enters the realm of 'I cant be bothered'. As evidenced by consistantly poor turnouts at shows but consistantly high turnouts at camping bbqs.

The show always gets in the way of the social in every case for a lot of people, myself included.

Its no mystery why I went to the national that Bri organised and then organised my own two years later. I couldn't find either the atmos, style or numbers that I wanted at any of the shows and they were expensive and annoying after you have been round them once. I wanted to spend time with the club in a private surround. Not with whoever happened to be at the stand just then for the next two minutes surrounded by scooby reving windowlickers.

Shows have their place but its not in the basket of the majority of car enthusiasts. Car enthusiast does not = show attendee.

Any national meet that happens on private land will probably see me attend because it will be focused and 'on message'. Anything with that heading set in a paid for car event will not because its just been tacked on to whichever is the favorite car event of the organiser. Un focused and flapping in the breeze.

I speak for all the people who dont like shows. Thats not me or many of the people in this thread but it is the vast majority of members I think. A poll might give some corroboration one way or the other?

Are you more likely to go to a prelude social meet if it is:

a/ held at someones house

or

b/ part of a bigger car show.

?
6th gen Prelude please Mr Honda. RWD 2.4 turbo lude.

Drax

Post by Drax » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:43 am

4thgenphil wrote:well why don't we have the pi55 up the day after the track day?
before/after, makes no difference to me - depends what the majority want to do.
Anglesey is WAY too out of the way.
Yes Oulton Park would be more central is any of the Scottish lot want to join in but ive found most of the shows/events/meets are mainly taken up by southerners as the majority of lude owners live down there.
im not bothered if we do a BTCC or equivalent meet instead, just thought a trackday is more involving and exciting :)
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

Return to “Events”