Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

LG (Un)Official - JAE 2017 - 31/8 to 3/9 - plot booked+info

The events diary
wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:01 pm

Did anyone else take part in the survey? I did... Didn't expect it to result in a venue change though..

http://www.japcarclub.org/index.php/jae-news

Vtecmec
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:27 pm

Its gone full circle, let's hope it's not windy again......... :whistle:

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:52 pm

Yep. First time I went was the first year after they had left the Eastern Counties Showground.

I thought they had just signed a 3 year deal for Newark?

h10ndr

Re: LG (Un)Official - JAE 2017 announced! 31/8 to 3/9 NEW VE

Post by h10ndr » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:40 am

There seems to be more indoor space available now at this venue. Hopefully they use it for traders so they can endure any weather...

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk
Tim
2004 S2000 GT Berlina Black
SOLD 1992 JDM-BB1UKSPEC-B545P-H22A7-U2Q7-P72 NEPTUNE RTP
RIP 1995 UKDM-BB1-Pacific Blue Pearl
http://www.s2000-parts.com

h10ndr

Post by h10ndr » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:41 am

And attract some more traders...

Tim

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:34 pm

The venue map is out already

Looks like trade is still outside

h10ndr

Post by h10ndr » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:46 am

I'm sure it said on the website there would be both indoor and outdoor pitches for traders offered.

Tim

Ludebob95

Post by Ludebob95 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:37 pm

And only 20mins up the road for me :D this reminds me i need a new tent :roll:

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:10 pm

Today @vtecmec and I pretended to be @Gayno and attended the club reps meeting for JAE, held at the new venue itself.

Because I'm a geek* I took some notes and pics, to share with you all.
Loads of jobby below...

First some general info about the location...
Piece of body lemonade to get to, just off the A1. At the entrance, literally on the way in, is a Harvester and a Holiday Inn Express.
Big supermarkets are a bit more of a drive away than we have been used to at Newark or Kettering. There's a co-op or Londis about 5-10 mins away, Tesco Express about 10-15 mins away.

Now a bit more about the venue.
JAE have signed a 5 year deal with them, covering lots of the outside grounds and the indoor hall space, which is... Massive in comparison to anything they have had before.
Main Hall;
This area will hold the Show and Shine (note there is good lighting!) and also a display of some Japanese based Competition cars (gt1, btcc, vtec challenge and drift etc.) If anyone knows or has access to anyone with a proper jap based competition car, let them know - they are looking for as many as possible.
Show and Shine was over-subscribed last year but they have much more space this time, so that won't be a problem.
Cars will need to be in there from Friday night until Sunday afternoon/evening. Prize giving will be on Sunday.

Second Hall;
This area will hold indoor trade.

Event Hall;
This area will be used for;
Friday night - Karaoke
Saturday night - Band (tbc), Disco and trophy presentation

All the halls are very good quality venues. A few pics of some of the outside areas;
This area behind the main hall will be used for drift taxis
The area beyond it to the left (behind the fence in pic below) will probably be used for some of the IKO events.

This area in front and to the left of the main halls will be used for trade and the funfair :D
(view of same area looking back the other way)

These are pics of the wider outside club stand space, taken with the action arena on the right, looking towards Kanetsu straight on and Daikoku towards the far left.
This is taken from top corner of the action arena, back to Makuhari, looking over Shuto towards Kanetsu.
The white upstands you can see on the plots are either water or power points - so yep, there is no shortage of those to go round!

Now some more general info about entry and camping facilities;
Gates open Thursday mid-day. All cars and camping must be gone by Sunday night (no staying overnight till Monday morning)
There will be a quiet/family camping area, as before.
This year for the first time, there will also be glamping - those with high maintenance girlfriends (I'm looking at you @rattymcclelland ;) :lol: take note. Limited quantity available, will be going on sale shortly, £250 per 2 man, £450 per 4 man, covering Thursday to Sunday (actually a good price compared to the hotel). Comfy bed, power etc. More details on their website shortly.
There are lots more toilets than at Newark or Wickstead and they are also much bigger. We were told that most of them had showers but can't confirm that - the one we tried (over between the fun fair and family/quiet camping area) didn't. The hot water was certainly 'kin hot though! :oops: :lol:

We have booked our spot!!!;
M37. No stands either side but we face all the big stands and have banking behind us and the grandstand, to provide some shelter from the wind 8-) It's potentially big enough to be a 25car plot (they don't know for sure on this one yet).

Ticket prices on the gate are;
Saturday £20
Sunday £15
All weekend (four days) is £65
Advance is cheaper (£45 for the full four days). Advance tickets close one week before the event.
They are currently also doing buy ten tickets get one free. This offer runs until 4th May only

They are also introducing a family ticket which gets in 2 adults and up to 3 children under 16.
If you come on a day entry ticket only, you cannot bring the car in and put it on a stand. However, this year there will be a special jap only parking area inside the entrance.
Only one non jap support vehicle will be allowed in, onto the stand. They will issue each club rep with a special code, that can be used to collect a support car pack on arrival. This will include a permit to get the car into the show. It must come in on Friday and stay on the stand until Sunday. No driving around in it.
It is still OK to bring trailers in.

General event shenanigans info;
There will be an outdoor 4x4 area. This will be custom built for the event, from an area that is normally used for jcb training (so the 4x4 guys are able to input into how they want it laid out, which is great). This will run all weekend.

Drift taxis will run Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Potentially they will run late into the evening on Friday and Saturday, under floodlights.

RC cars will be back and people are encouraged to bring theirs along. The area planned for RC cars has a viewing platform, which should make it well suited.

IKO will be on again, with events over Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Tug of war, car pull and food eating challenges will be staying, but the others will change. It's likely that there will be go karting on Friday night, but this is tbc
They are hoping to have a Soapbox derby. They anticipate this would be with soapboxes built in advance, rather than people knicking shopping trolleys on the day...

Fireworks on Saturday night again. Not sure where they will be yet but definitely not in the arena, so don't worry - club stands are safe from fall out! They were very keen to stress there is a minutes silence after fireworks finish, to pay respect to car club members that are no longer with us. Hazard lights (and Civics bouncing off the limiters) need to wait for a minute before being setting off.

They said they had put a lot of effort into trade last year, lots of flyering and promoting, had lots of trade sign up (and pay up!) but then not actually turn up on the day, which they were very disappointed in. If anyone can persuade a trader that's new to jae to sign up (and turn up!) they will pay you commission.

Finally, if anyone hears of any new clubs, jae would love to hear so that they can get in touch and get them to come along. Email Carclubs@japcarclub.org

*actually not a geek, just trying to do my bit for the club and get info out there so people know what to expect and that it's not jobby facilities etc.

RattyMcClelland
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:25 pm

Epic work.

I'm honestly not even sure if glamping would work with her highness.

However that Holiday Inn express though..... so close.

I could leave wifey and camp myself. I don't mind tugging off in the tent.

Return to “Events”