Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

LG Official: Japfest - 30th April 2017

The events diary
Shiny
My Generation: 0G

Post by Shiny » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:53 am

Right then chaps, meeting points for Sunday’s Japfest at Silverstone for those heading from the South West.

5.30am Sainsbury’s Bridgemead in Swindon – SN5 7AA. Exit the M4 for Swindon at Junct 16, head towards Swindon on the Great Western Way and turn right when you get to the Bridgemead roundabout. We aim to leave no later than 5.45am.

6.10am approx. – McDonalds at Shrivenham 100 Bus Park, Watchfield - SN6 8TQ. Stop for a coffee and Mcshit. Aim to leave by 6.30am

7.00am approx. – BP Services OX25 3QQ on the A34 heading towards the M40. Plan to leave as soon as we’ve had the usual hellos. If meeting us here, I would suggest being there from 6.45am just in case we have a good run and no hold ups in McDonalds.

7.30am – arrive at rainy cold Silverstone, then take half an hour to get in due to traffic.

Bludge
My Generation: 4G

Post by Bludge » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:17 pm

if i am passing at any of those times i will hook up with you guys, but im thinking i will be running a fair bit earlier. im hoping to be first in so i can grab an hours kip in my car before my track briefing!

seanp1981
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: seanp1981

Post by seanp1981 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:29 pm

Im aiming to be there around half 7 coming from sheffeild way

Bludge

Post by Bludge » Mon May 01, 2017 10:15 am

Thanks to everyone for coming, was nice to meet you all! and thanks again neil for looking after my stuff!
Will get my small amount of photos up in the event pics section later today, but for now here is my track footage!

[youtube]pKdAObKDoFM[/youtube]

norks27
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 5G

Post by norks27 » Mon May 01, 2017 3:02 pm

@Bludge - Epic :vtec:

Next year you may well have persuaded me to tentatively take my Lude on a track, if only for 20mins, (what if I break my Lude!!)

At first I wasn't sure, talking to you, that the drained blank look on your face and vague utterances were down to the sheer terror or an overdose of adrenaline, I reckon it was the latter. Nice one and great to meet you.

Photos up:
http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/event-p ... 20666.html

Bludge

Post by Bludge » Mon May 01, 2017 3:27 pm

norks27 wrote:@Bludge - Epic :vtec:

Next year you may well have persuaded me to tentatively take my Lude on a track, if only for 20mins, (what if I break my Lude!!)

At first I wasn't sure, talking to you, that the drained blank look on your face and vague utterances were down to the sheer terror or an overdose of adrenaline, I reckon it was the latter. Nice one and great to meet you.
I think it may have been both, combined with the fact that i had missed a nights sleep! :lol:

And like i said on the day, if mine can make it round it should be a breeze for yours!

Its a little disappointing that the major slide that scared me half to death is barely noticable on the video :oops: , but its exactly the same thing as happened to the silver civic around 17 minutes into the video, i just managed to control it better and stay on the track 8)

Nice to meet you too mate and hope to see you again next year!

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Mon May 01, 2017 8:28 pm

Well posted.

I remember when I went out last year - exillerating and scary in equal measure.

The civic spin in front of you must have shat you up a bit too - no idea where it's going to end up when it starts going!

What time was your slide at, in the video?

Bludge

Post by Bludge » Tue May 02, 2017 7:31 am

My slide was at 8.40, exactly the same place as the civic. barely noticable but it felt huge in the car! luckily there seemed to be a fair bit of room for error between the track and the barriers on the corners, so i felt a bit more confident then i did a few years back at castle coombe.

Return to “Events”