Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

LG Official: Japfest - 6th May 2018 (DEADLINE EXTENDED)

The events diary
eddie_squidd
My Generation: 5G

Post by eddie_squidd » Fri May 04, 2018 9:51 am

I think the event starts at 10, what time are people are getting there?

norks27
Supporter 2016

Post by norks27 » Fri May 04, 2018 10:05 am

eddie_squidd wrote:I think the event starts at 10, what time are people are getting there?
Public can rock up at 10. You're on the club stand, so arguably the earlier the better to avoid the long queues.
I'm usually early for most things, so just my take.

eddie_squidd

Post by eddie_squidd » Fri May 04, 2018 10:40 am

norks27 wrote:
eddie_squidd wrote:I think the event starts at 10, what time are people are getting there?
Public can rock up at 10. You're on the club stand, so arguably the earlier the better to avoid the long queues.
I'm usually early for most things, so just my take.
Maybe I'll try and get there for 9 then. Hopefully they'll let me in!

Shiny
My Generation: 0G

Post by Shiny » Fri May 04, 2018 10:45 am

Club entry is from 7am. Alway best to get there within the first hour imo as the queues can get horrendous. We are meeting in Swindon at 5am, by the time we've left, had breakfast on the way etc, I would think we will get there around 7.30am.

eddie_squidd

Post by eddie_squidd » Fri May 04, 2018 10:52 am

Shiny wrote:Club entry is from 7am. Alway best to get there within the first hour imo as the queues can get horrendous. We are meeting in Swindon at 5am, by the time we've left, had breakfast on the way etc, I would think we will get there around 7.30am.
Thanks Shiny that's good to know. I'm not far from Silverstone so I can't complain about the start time as it won't be as early as yours! I'll aim for about 7:30 too, means I can leave about 7! Luxury.

fithotblonde
XBOX GamerTag: FitHotBlonde

Post by fithotblonde » Fri May 04, 2018 12:08 pm

5:30 am start for me with about 1.1/2 hour drive

eddie_squidd

Post by eddie_squidd » Fri May 04, 2018 2:10 pm

Ha! Just heard from the garage who are servicing my car that the pipes connecting the power steering cooler are corroded to the point of being useless and the replacement part will be on a three week back order.

As they know I need the car for the weekend they are going to temporarily bypass the cooler altogether. Which I'm sure will be.... fine. :?

Drax
My Generation: 4G

Post by Drax » Fri May 04, 2018 3:06 pm

eddie_squidd wrote:Ha! Just heard from the garage who are servicing my car that the pipes connecting the power steering cooler are corroded to the point of being useless and the replacement part will be on a three week back order.

As they know I need the car for the weekend they are going to temporarily bypass the cooler altogether. Which I'm sure will be.... fine. :?
it's only power steering ;) keep a spare bottle of fluid in the car in case you have a leak, that should tie you over
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

eddie_squidd

Post by eddie_squidd » Fri May 04, 2018 3:11 pm

Drax wrote:
eddie_squidd wrote:Ha! Just heard from the garage who are servicing my car that the pipes connecting the power steering cooler are corroded to the point of being useless and the replacement part will be on a three week back order.

it's only power steering ;) keep a spare bottle of fluid in the car in case you have a leak, that should tie you over
Well it shouldn't leak. The cooler itself is OK, but the pipes connecting it are not and there's not enough good pipe to reconnect it so my options are to have the car out of action for three weeks and miss the show or loop the pipe and bypass the cooler. So there shouldn't be an issue with leakage but there won't be any power steering cooling going on. I'll just try not to steer too much. ;)

I asked the engineer if he thought there would be any ill effects and he just said "well the cooler is there for a reason". Not that reassuring.

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Fri May 04, 2018 3:46 pm

I think the fluid does actually get quite hot! :?

Another option is to just run without the belt on the pump, loop the lines at the rack and have no power steering temporarily. It'll be good excercise ;)

A how to...

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/post9555.html#p9555

Return to “Events”