Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

JDM Combe 02/06/18 - ATROC & Lude Gen Stand

The events diary
wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:45 pm

I forgot to say actually...
The other good thing about this show was the different variety of cars that was there compared to the other shows I've been to. Don't know, why but it seemed to be a different crowd.

toadster
My Generation: 5G

Post by toadster » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:00 pm

Lo :mrgreen:
Great piccies 8-)
Love the Skyline estate :D
Feel for you with the tan/burn :shock:
I'm folicly challenged and back in my first JAE in 2000 I spent all day hatless in 28ish temperatures .
Over the next few days my face just blew up I looked like I'd been in the ring with Tyson :shock:
My silly fault.
Your Lude looking really narrow in that pic reminded Me of a pic I took of Mine a few years ago.
It made Me think that 5th Gens are not as wide as 4th Gens.
I think it's just a optical illusion :?
Cheers for posting
Toadster.

Shiny
My Generation: 0G

Post by Shiny » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:25 pm

wurlycorner wrote:Yep, I see it, with a temporary hub and temporary exhaust gasket and basically no sleep.

Was great to catch up and hang out with you guys, thanks for the encouragement to get there.

I really liked the show, it flows well since you can walk all round the track and it's spread out in small areas - makes it very cosy feeling. Also great views of the track all round with plenty of track action. So I'm definitely up for next time 8-)

And Ooft, Naf3, I hadn't seen the line from your hat! I see what you mean about wishing you hadn't had that on all day now... :lol:
Totally agree with this. The show has a relaxed feel about it and the cars are nicely placed around the track, unlike Silverstone which is more like giant car parks and you miss loads. The track is pretty much in view from most stands or only less than a minute from a viewing point.

I think you’ll like Simply Jap Beaulieu, it’s more like a picnic in the park with cars, no track so it has a very different vibe to other shows. Again there’s a different selection of cars (although I guess many will be familiar to previous Simply Jap goers). I’ll still have a walk round the museum even though I’ve seen it a few times now.

Return to “Events”