Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Impromptu meet at Rockingham speedway 6th Sept track closing

The events diary
mr_drc
My Generation: 5G

Impromptu meet at Rockingham speedway 6th Sept track closing

Post by mr_drc » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:54 am

Hi guys don't know if people are interested but they have a summer social event at Rockingham on the first Thursday of every month you can get on the track from 5 till 8 pm this is the last of the year and didn't know if any one else would be interested ?

The other reason I have put this up is that Rockingham has just been sold and I have heard that as of next year the track will be closed (potentialy for ever) so this may be one of your last opportunity to ever drive the track :( :o

Iv been to a few of thease and the people useing the track are all friendly and you get a great mix of cars and drivers don't worry if you have never been on a track it's perfect place to have a first go with a couple of sighting laps to start and tuition available if you want!

Cost is £85 for the track session and £10 for twenty minutes tuition (not a 100% it's 20 min)

If there is a few interested I could see if we could do group booking!
If it looks like jobby and smells like jobby it probably is jobby!

Drax
My Generation: 4G

Post by Drax » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:46 pm

:o gutted about the track, I've always wanted to drive there!!
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:23 pm

The development company that built the place went into administration 2 years ago. They lent money (£20m) to the racetrack operating company and now the parent company is going to be wound up, the loan would be repayable, which the racetrack operating company can't repay, so it's also been put into administration and not being sold as a going concern. This is all as of July this year (recent)

It doesn't say who the racetrack land has actually been sold to for sure (someone had previously bought the adjacent land and wants to develop it, but no announcement if it's the same lot that have now bought the track).

Gayno
Lord Gayness

Post by Gayno » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:08 pm

BTCC has removed Rockingham from the calendar as of next year due to the uncertainty of its future.

Also, I think I'm right in saying it was built as an oval with the squiggly bit in the middle as an addidition, but has never actually hosted an oval race

mr_drc
My Generation: 5G

Post by mr_drc » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:26 am

Sadly I have it on good information that this will be the end :cry: so who is coming for the last blast ????
If it looks like jobby and smells like jobby it probably is jobby!

Dino

Post by Dino » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:19 am

Gutted.. one of my favourite tracks.
Driven it and loved it :cry:

Return to “Events”