Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

LG Official: JAE - 8-11th August ***Get your arses to it!!!***

The events diary
Gayno
Lord Gayness
My Generation: 4G

LG Official: JAE - 8-11th August ***T-Shirt update and upcoming Club Rep Meet***

Post by Gayno » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:21 pm

Email from JAE Organisers:
We are now 2 weeks away from the start of JAE, and it’s looking great!

I’ve compiled a few important details that you need to be aware of for your club plots. Please do pass this info on to your members.

Support Vehicles - Each club plot is entitled to one support vehicle pass. This is available at the ticketing booth at the entrance - you will need to state your club plot number and confirm the email address that was used for the booking. Over the duration of the event, security will look out for Non-Japanese cars that are parked on plots. If it’s not displaying the pass, it will be asked to relocate to either the Non-Japanese Display parking (if worthy!) or to the general parking.

Petrol Generators - these are totally fine, but our Health & Safety consultant may visit your plot and inspect the generator to verify it is being used safely and is in a well maintained condition.

Glass Containers - ***This is REALLY important*** - the premises license for the Norfolk Showground does NOT ALLOW glass containers, such as beer bottles or spirits bottles. Therefore, if you are bringing drinks with you, please make sure that they are either cans, plastic bottles or wine boxes. You can bring spirits etc into the event, but just make sure you decant them into a plastic bottle prior to arrival. You will notice that the Moonshine trader is selling drinks that are in glass jars. These are permissible under the terms of the license as they are sold with the intention of being consumed off-site.

Dogs - Please remind any of your members that there are strict rules about bringing Dogs to JAE. These can be reviewed here - https://jae-show.co.uk/pages/dogs-die-in-hot-cars

Fire Safety - In a nutshell: All BBQ’s must be elevated at least 50cm off the ground. You must have a fire extinguisher with the BBQ. No Fire Pits/open fires. Don’t smoke in or near tents. No paper lanterns. More info here: https://jae-show.co.uk/pages/bbq-fire-safety

Non-Japanese Cars - This year, we are TRIALLING the inclusion of a non-Japanese vehicle display area. As you know, we do have a number of clubs which have members with non-Japanese cars, who then feel left out, or try to sneak their car in as a support vehicle (seriously, it’s a Z4 support vehicle?!) so we have added in a display area. Please let the non-Japanese drivers in your club know!

Memorial Video Submissions - If you have a friend or club member that you would like remembered in the memorial video, please can you send photos and details to alison@jae-show.co.uk no later than this coming Sunday (28th July)

Drones - Nope. Unless you have a commercial license, insurance and permission from the JAE team. Please email us if you would like to apply for permission.

IKO Events & Cosplay! Please do have a look at the list of activities and start planning your cosplay outfits and your teams now now now! https://jae-show.co.uk/pages/the-hks-its-a-knockout

RattyMcClelland
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

LG Official: JAE - 8-11th August ***T-Shirt update and upcoming Club Rep Meet***

Post by RattyMcClelland » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:27 pm

So what do you do with a car load of camping gear and food when at the track? Very odd.

toadster

Post by toadster » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:39 pm

Lo Gayno :D
I was looking at the JAE map on the website but it doesn't show what club is in each block ?
I'm guessing the entrance for the Car Club vehicles is not the main entrance shown on the map.
When I go to Antique Fairs that's not the entrance for stall holders ect but for the general public.
Cheers ;)
Toadster

mr_drc

Post by mr_drc » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:28 pm

Gayno wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:12 pm
The track time at Snetterton is from Thursday morning, then gates for JAE open in the afternoon so the idea is track first then on to the show
So what the drokk am I doing with all my stuff lol will be interesting on track with tent strapped to roof :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
If it looks like jobby and smells like jobby it probably is jobby!

Gayno
Lord Gayness

Post by Gayno » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:19 pm

You're not the only one to have asked that question!!

Gayno
Lord Gayness

Post by Gayno » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:21 pm

toadster wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:39 pm
I was looking at the JAE map on the website but it doesn't show what club is in each block ?
We are plot 13

I'd imagine that you will enter through the main entrance off the roundabout.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:40 pm

h10ndr wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:46 am
ludegeneration
Yep, we sorted that out while there at the rep meet. Swapped your plot to be next to us :D

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:43 pm

Gayno wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:19 pm
You're
That was asked at the Rep meet and I'm sure they said you could drop stuff off at the site first and then head to the track :think: I will check back to my notes...

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:48 pm

Right guys, really really sorry for being so crap this year.
I did go to the Rep meet and made loads of noted but have been so busy and had some other stuff going on, so haven't been on the forum to post it up.
Apologies.

Just to confirm, all T shirts were delivered to me (not what I was expecting to happen, but hey-ho) so I will have them with me at the show, to hand out.
Hope you have all remembered your sizes cause I don't have a drokking clue!

Obviously I am bagsying the support vehicle pass, because I will be turning up with the c5 full of stuff and a trailer on the back.

I am a driver short atm (Lisa was going to come but isn't now) so if anyone wants to come and doesn't have a car, my bb4 is available to be driven 😊

Gayno
Lord Gayness

Post by Gayno » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:14 pm

wurlycorner wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:48 pm
Hope you have all remembered your sizes cause I don't have a drokking clue!
I've got them noted down, will send them over

Return to “Events”