Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Link to lude and other car profiles

Found something crazy going on? Had a good idea? Tell us!
Fons[DutchGuy]
My Generation: 5G

Link to lude and other car profiles

Post by Fons[DutchGuy] » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:40 pm

When viewing the profile of someone (the thing you'll get to see when klicking on someone's prof.pic.) it would be nice if you could jump from there to the profile of his cars/projects. Also it would be cool to have some sort of photo library of ones lude/vehicles in that profile section. 8-)
Really no idea if this is possible or to much asked but it was just an brainwave of mine and maybe people out there share the idea with me :)
Love sucks, true love swallows.
macky_6 wrote:Hi, welcome to LG 8-)

You have to excuse these 4th Gen drivers, they ain't around girls much :lol:

CrunchyAdams82
My Generation: 4G

Post by CrunchyAdams82 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:55 am

Yeah, I've also thought about that. The profile pages are a bit lifeless. Would be great if they were a bit like a basic facebook profile page; where you could just add a few pics (maybe up to 10) of your motor and/or yourself, as well as a background theme. And then be able to write a little bit about yourself, your car, your job, your goals, and whatever else interests you.

But yeah, not sure if that's possible. Would most likely be a lot of work for the admin team.
Profile Thread
Andy's Si VTEC BB4
K30DPC wrote:If you wanna go there is nothing to stop you. ONE LIFE LIVE IT

4th Gen Doug
Supporter 2014

Post by 4th Gen Doug » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:07 pm

What about this sort of thing - phpbbsocialnetwork.com?
It would involve a little work on the part of the mods, but it's compatible with phpbb - not to replace the already excellent forum - but maybe as an additional site with a separate domain to link to.. ludebook.co.uk maybe? :?
I'll get my coat..

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Re: Link to lude and other car profiles

Post by Donald » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:11 pm

There did used to be a gallery but it was a bandwidth rapist.

Actually now that you mention it, @Kawa did ask to be reminded to remove the integration files at some point. @mercutio & @lxstuart have probably kept him reminded I imagine.

mercutio
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G

Post by mercutio » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:46 pm

@Donald you as well matey it was your shift anyway @Kawa have you removed the integration files yet???? @lxstuart come on mate get with the program you obviously didn't remind @Donald to remind @Kawa to remove the said files :lol: :lol:

woohoo 7500 posts
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

Kawa
XBOX GamerTag: kawa222

Post by Kawa » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:33 pm

Looks good and that was sort of the original intention of the profile page - to appear to be a bit more than just a forum.

Correct, we did used to have a gallery and it displayed the last 10 pictures or so, but it hammered bandwidth - we are not photobucket I'm afriad :lol:

I find there are some great scripts out there, but unless they integrate fully into the 'normal' forums, (ie 2 way communication) it either takes traffic away from the forum, perhaps making it look dormant, or we're just adding features that no-one uses or understands how to use, so the feature themselves appear dormant.

We used to have a blog section, which worked well, but wasn't used.

Due to popular demand / complaints about people selling stuff, we recently added LudeBay back in, but it is not really used. We can force people to use it by closing down the forsale forums, but then we are forcing people hands which is something we don't like to do without popular calls to do so. Plus Ludebay hasn't been fully tested...

I'm open to ideas, but there has to popular demand to make significant changes. Over to you guys :)

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:05 pm

I'm wanting to use lude-bay, but 'cause of the crap browser I'm stuck on, I can't :evil: (My problem, not the forum's)

Definitely agree with not wanting to take traffic away from the forum, that's the problem with having an active facebook page as well - traffic gets diluted/divided and the community spirit thingy dies. Facebook is seriously limited in comparison to what you can do on here (plus there's the arsehole problem of privacy/not privacy etc. and the endless mindless boring jobby that you're exposed to on facebook). Forum FTW!!!

I like the idea of an expanded profile page on here though.
If you set up links to your car profile threads in your signature though, that does appear at the bottom of your profile page IIRC? So you can sort of do that bit anyway, atm?

If the pictures were still hosted on photobucket the same way as on ordinary posts, would that not work ok? i.e. not trash bandwidth?

Return to “Suggestion / Site Problems”