Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Members' Hobby Section

Found something crazy going on? Had a good idea? Tell us!
kris_aka_edu
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: chris aka edu

Post by kris_aka_edu » Mon May 06, 2013 11:17 pm

I take it football can't be mentioned then or will I get kicked off the site?
Of course cars is my hobby, football is my life line away from the fiancé... Like fast and the furious.. For that 90 minutes or more I'm free! Play quite a lot of football and I'm a Man UTD supporter.

Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

Post by Sailor » Mon May 06, 2013 11:33 pm

You shouldn't be so defensive about the beautiful game! Image
International Pensioner of Mystery

kris_aka_edu
XBOX GamerTag: chris aka edu

Post by kris_aka_edu » Tue May 07, 2013 12:09 am

Sailor wrote:You shouldn't be so defensive about the beautiful game! Image
And the beautiful game it is. I play for a few teams generally 2-3 times a week during the season.

andypont
My Generation: 5G

Post by andypont » Tue May 07, 2013 12:33 am

kris_aka_edu wrote:I take it football can't be mentioned then or will I get kicked off the site?
Of course cars is my hobby, football is my life line away from the fiancé... Like fast and the furious.. For that 90 minutes or more I'm free! Play quite a lot of football and I'm a Man UTD supporter.
I'm a sports fan but didn't list it as a hobby as I haven't really played football or cricket since school. Though do still enjoy watching both. I'm a member of Notts county cricket club and a Forest supporter, though not had a season ticket for a few years. I just pick out a few games to go to nowadays.
Andy Pont

Donald
Supporter 2015

Re: Members' Hobby Section

Post by Donald » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:25 pm

Donald wrote:Let's update this bitch.

Some of you may know I work with glass. The handbrake has been on at me for AGES, started in November when I said I would make her something in lieu of buying her a birthday present :lol:

I want a plant terrarium, she said. We have a back garden, I said.

Anyway fast forward some months and a trip to the garden centre yesterday to get some fairly hardy ferns (she's a terrible carer, managed to kill a cactus).

Only trouble is it leaks a fair bit so had to sit it in a terracotta dish which I packed with dirt and sphagnum. Works well though, has a nice condensation-clear cycle. I wanted to start the whole lot from spores but she is impatient. Not sure how long they'll survive. :lol:

Update on this!

We went away mid summer and the person coming in to look after the animals forgot to water it so of course everything cooked.

Since August it had sat outside with just the soil in it since I pulled all the dead plants and sphagnum out. Brought it indoors over the weekend as the wet was affecting the solder, and something has at least survived in it. This has sprouted up since moving indoors. Also the soil formation can only mean one thing! I now have a pet worm (that isn't attached to my groin before anyone starts).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:59 pm

That's a weed...

Donald
Supporter 2015

Re: Members' Hobby Section

Post by Donald » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:15 pm

Upgrade your bait :lol: I forget the species but that will become a large flat leafed fern given time, visible in the quoted pictures ;)

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:21 pm

If you say so. I say it looks exactly like the weeds I'm forever pulling out of the beds in my garden.
I wouldn't expect a fern to have divided into that many shoots, that early on in its growth (i.e. when that small). But I am looking at it through a photo, so I may be wrong.

We'll see... :hurr:

Donald
Supporter 2015

Post by Donald » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:37 pm

:lol:

To be fair it isn't the best photo and you obviously can't feel the texture of it. I know the type(s) you mean I think (Stellaria media or Medicago lupulina perhaps?), and it is quite similar I'll give you that!

Return to “Suggestion / Site Problems”