Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

seller feedback

Found something crazy going on? Had a good idea? Tell us!
wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:42 pm

BMCC wrote:
wurlycorner wrote:But then we all incur nasty ebay/paypal fees, avoiding which being the advantage of selling through the forum.
True but if it reduces the load on mods then I'd be happy to pay the fees, if it reduces hassles etc :)
If sellers stick by the rules (username in pic etc.) and both parties conduct the sale correctly (which is generally the case) then there's no workload and everyone wins by not flushing money into the ebay pit. I'm all for sticking with that method.

BMCC
My Generation: 5G

Post by BMCC » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:09 pm

wurlycorner wrote:
BMCC wrote:
wurlycorner wrote:But then we all incur nasty ebay/paypal fees, avoiding which being the advantage of selling through the forum.
True but if it reduces the load on mods then I'd be happy to pay the fees, if it reduces hassles etc :)
If sellers stick by the rules (username in pic etc.) and both parties conduct the sale correctly (which is generally the case) then there's no workload and everyone wins by not flushing money into the ebay pit. I'm all for sticking with that method.
Sure me too but if it all goes south again then this may be the only way to ensure the LG site is not dragged down ;)

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:12 pm

I've not had a problem dealing with people on this site and as far as I know no one has had a problem with me... It's simple, look after your money and be careful who you deal with. If you're unsure, pay the PayPal fees.

BMCC

Post by BMCC » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:28 pm

Donald wrote:I've not had a problem dealing with people on this site and as far as I know no one has had a problem with me... It's simple, look after your money and be careful who you deal with. If you're unsure, pay the PayPal fees.
Sure you could always do that. :)

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:48 pm

Donald wrote:I've not had a problem dealing with people on this site and as far as I know no one has had a problem with me... .
You haven't opened that box I sent you last week then? :? Did the smell give the contents away?

bristol_bb4
LotM Winner

Post by bristol_bb4 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:52 pm

:lol:

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015

Post by lewd lude lover » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:20 pm

um, has no one ever head 'buyer beware? I cant honestly think that the site or the club would/could have anything to do with a bad sale between members.

like wtf? just sort your own jobby out. if you get stung you should have asked more questions or got more information on the seller before sending money. Ask for enough pictures and description or be man enough to know that you should have.

After that there is a very easy set up called the small claims court where grevances can be heard and addressed. Not bitching on the pages of our meeting place please?

Involving the forum on a bad deal you made over the for sales area sounds like bad business to me. If someone has obviously acted in a criminal manner then they should be reported to the authorities. If they are obviously using the forum to sell hooky or nosh gear then tell people but dont get your vagina out for a worn wheel bearing or a rusty set of springs.

I would just make it plain on the for sales that any and all transactions are wholy the responsibility of those who undertake them and not the forum. The use of the conduit (for sales section) does not constitute passing the responsibility off to the conduit itself.

imo
6th gen Prelude please Mr Honda. RWD 2.4 turbo lude.

bristol_bb4
LotM Winner

Post by bristol_bb4 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:27 pm

i only suggested this because sometimes it gives reassurance when things arent moving at a pace the buyer would like

things happen, people get ill, people miss the post office on the way home from work and sometimes people just dont have time to post stuff quickly but having a feedback profile that buyers can read on the seller might just keep their temper cool and stop them from ranting and arguing with people via pm or publicly?

i dont think it should be seen as a chance to slate the hell out of someone :lol:

paul bristol uk

Post by paul bristol uk » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:52 pm

LLL makes some good points. The for sale section is a service offered free of charge by LG. It is not responsible or liable for things that go wrong between buyer and seller. Also we(admin and Mods) are not here to sort out problems unless they spill over onto the forum and then only to delete any abusive or threatening posts. Be warned if a member consistently breaks these rules their membership will be deleted.
I have kleptomania,
But when it gets bad,
I take something for it.

Kawa
XBOX GamerTag: kawa222

Post by Kawa » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:17 pm

LudeBay is now online and currently has no listing fees.

I haven't styled all the pages yet, but give it a try. Link in the top menu.

You will need to register to use the service.

We do have the option to add listing fees in the future if uses decide this would be worth while to raise club funds maybe?

We can also look to link feedback back to the user profiles etc if the service is used.

Return to “Suggestion / Site Problems”