Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Aaron's 2000 VTI Motegi

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
ATR84
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: mike84n

Aaron's 2000 VTI Motegi

Post by ATR84 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:54 am

Hi, that looks really nice in the pictures, always been a fan of that colour 8)

That is also a good to do list, I have the Skunk 2 system on mine, great exhaust in my opinion.

Good luck with it :thumbup:

Aaron14P

Aaron's 2000 VTI Motegi

Post by Aaron14P » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:57 pm

ATR84 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:54 am
Hi, that looks really nice in the pictures, always been a fan of that colour 8)

That is also a good to do list, I have the Skunk 2 system on mine, great exhaust in my opinion.

Good luck with it :thumbup:
Hi mate, yeah i do really like the colour! always taken a fancy to it !!

it's gonna take a while to get through it all. But the tyres will be done at the end of this month along with the interior clean - i was thinking about getting the alignment done as well as i don't know when it was last done but if i'm getting new tyres i like to get the alignment done too - speaking of this, does anyone know if there is any difference to getting the alignment done with the 4WS or will a 4 wheel alignment be fine?

It has already been de-catted. I am definitely swaying towards the Skunk2 to be honest - is it loud?! or not too anti-social. i don't want to be setting car alarms off like i used too in my old ATR :lol:

ATR84

Aaron's 2000 VTI Motegi

Post by ATR84 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:29 am

@Aaron14P I have not owned a 5th gen 4ws but have owned a few 4th gens. If it is the same, I think you are supposed to have a locking pin to lock the rear wheels in place for the alignment? Somebody else might be able to add to this?

Mine is mated to a de-cat and a Mugen header and it is not too loud, it is loud if you want it to be but you can control it. Sounds great in vtec :twisted: .

Aaron14P

Aaron's 2000 VTI Motegi

Post by Aaron14P » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:22 am

ATR84 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:29 am
@Aaron14P I have not owned a 5th gen 4ws but have owned a few 4th gens. If it is the same, I think you are supposed to have a locking pin to lock the rear wheels in place for the alignment? Somebody else might be able to add to this?

Mine is mated to a de-cat and a Mugen header and it is not too loud, it is loud if you want it to be but you can control it. Sounds great in vtec :twisted: .

Cheers bud! Just done some research, seems this lock in pin is very hard to get hold off! I doubt most places would even have one. Think I'll either take it too TGM or main dealer to get the alignment sorted.

Haha that sounds perfect 8) it sounds okay with just a de cat but lacks any grunt so I can imagine how nice it sounds with a proper exhaust system - both of my previous ludes had standard exhaust systems, I never got round to fitting one!! So looking forward to doing so on this one :D

ATR84

Aaron's 2000 VTI Motegi

Post by ATR84 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:20 pm

@Aaron14P where are you based?

I have used TGM for a few things, they are good, although I think they outsource their alignment. Not 100% sure though.

Performance Autoworks probably know these cars better than anyone else, but for me they are double the distance away compared to TGM so I try to keep my visit to Performance Autoworks down to once a year, anything else that comes up in-between I use TGM.

Aaron14P

Aaron's 2000 VTI Motegi

Post by Aaron14P » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:14 am

Quick update -

I brought the Lude as i thought my work contract would be finishing in the next couple of months... but it looks like it's going to be going until the end of the year. Bearing in mind its around 1200 miles a month.. it would equate to a lot of unwanted mileage added to the Lude, unwanted wear and tear and £600 a month in petrol.

My mate owns a BMW 325 and he was also going through a LOT of petrol... so we decided to get a Fiat 500 on a short term lease between us :lol:

As a result - I have taken the prelude off the road which means i will just be accumulating parts for it and working on the bits i can do myself! The first thing i'm going to be doing is cleaning the interior!

Aaron14P

Aaron's 2000 VTI Motegi

Post by Aaron14P » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:50 pm

I am looking for recommendations on interior cleaning products....

I brought some autoglym interior cleaner and i'm not that impressed with it! I attempted to clean the drivers seat - done the whole seat once, left to dry and repeated 3 times and whilst it removed some dirt from the seat it wasn't what i was expecting based on the decent reviews.

The picture below is of the seat before i attempted to clean it and it looks pretty much the same now to be honest :lol: . I am tempted to get a steam cleaner as this could also be used to clean other parts of the car as well.. has anyone ever used one of these to clean their seats? or could anyone recommend a good cleaning product that actually works!

vanzep
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Aaron's 2000 VTI Motegi

Post by vanzep » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:44 pm

I bought some Tenzi Textil Wash - this looks to be an updated version of it:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tenzi-TEX-WA ... SwA29Y33u5

Best to remove as much grime dust using a dry scrubbing brush and hoover first.
Last time i did seats in a lude i used a vax wet cleaner thingy and added some of the Tenzi stuff to the hot water.
Should have seen the grime that came out :shock:
1996-2000 1993 EG9 Blue Civic 1.6 Vti - Traded in against the BB4
2000-2019 1994 2WS BB4 Milano Red JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD

2015 on > 1991 4WS BB1 Phantom Pearl Grey JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD
2021 ON > 1998 2WS BB6 White Pearl JDM Prelude Si VTEC

Aaron14P

Aaron's 2000 VTI Motegi

Post by Aaron14P » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:48 pm

vanzep wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:44 pm
I bought some Tenzi Textil Wash - this looks to be an updated version of it:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tenzi-TEX-WA ... SwA29Y33u5

Best to remove as much grime dust using a dry scrubbing brush and hoover first.
Last time i did seats in a lude i used a vax wet cleaner thingy and added some of the Tenzi stuff to the hot water.
Should have seen the grime that came out :shock:
Thank you! I will give this stuff a go, I'm gonna use the rest of the AutoGlym bottle so it wasn't a waste but I doubt it will make too much of a difference all honesty!

But I need these seats clean because they are horrible at the minute :sick: :lol:

Aaron14P

Aaron's 2000 VTI Motegi

Post by Aaron14P » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:55 pm

Took delivery of the below today!!

Thank you too @vanzep for getting this done! Originally he was selling either blue / red or black but I requested gold and it's come out real good :D

He also threw in a new gasket free of charge! If you need your rocker cover refurbished, get at him! :)

Return to “Lude Profiles”