Congratulations to Greg for winning February's Lude Of The Month, with his face-lift BA4 >>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Aaron's 2000 VTI Motegi

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
ATR84
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: mike84n

Aaron's 2000 VTI Motegi

Post by ATR84 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:54 am

Hi, that looks really nice in the pictures, always been a fan of that colour 8)

That is also a good to do list, I have the Skunk 2 system on mine, great exhaust in my opinion.

Good luck with it :thumbup:
5th Gen Type S

Aaron14P

Aaron's 2000 VTI Motegi

Post by Aaron14P » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:57 pm

ATR84 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:54 am
Hi, that looks really nice in the pictures, always been a fan of that colour 8)

That is also a good to do list, I have the Skunk 2 system on mine, great exhaust in my opinion.

Good luck with it :thumbup:
Hi mate, yeah i do really like the colour! always taken a fancy to it !!

it's gonna take a while to get through it all. But the tyres will be done at the end of this month along with the interior clean - i was thinking about getting the alignment done as well as i don't know when it was last done but if i'm getting new tyres i like to get the alignment done too - speaking of this, does anyone know if there is any difference to getting the alignment done with the 4WS or will a 4 wheel alignment be fine?

It has already been de-catted. I am definitely swaying towards the Skunk2 to be honest - is it loud?! or not too anti-social. i don't want to be setting car alarms off like i used too in my old ATR :lol:

ATR84

Aaron's 2000 VTI Motegi

Post by ATR84 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:29 am

@Aaron14P I have not owned a 5th gen 4ws but have owned a few 4th gens. If it is the same, I think you are supposed to have a locking pin to lock the rear wheels in place for the alignment? Somebody else might be able to add to this?

Mine is mated to a de-cat and a Mugen header and it is not too loud, it is loud if you want it to be but you can control it. Sounds great in vtec :twisted: .
5th Gen Type S

Aaron14P

Aaron's 2000 VTI Motegi

Post by Aaron14P » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:22 am

ATR84 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:29 am
@Aaron14P I have not owned a 5th gen 4ws but have owned a few 4th gens. If it is the same, I think you are supposed to have a locking pin to lock the rear wheels in place for the alignment? Somebody else might be able to add to this?

Mine is mated to a de-cat and a Mugen header and it is not too loud, it is loud if you want it to be but you can control it. Sounds great in vtec :twisted: .

Cheers bud! Just done some research, seems this lock in pin is very hard to get hold off! I doubt most places would even have one. Think I'll either take it too TGM or main dealer to get the alignment sorted.

Haha that sounds perfect 8) it sounds okay with just a de cat but lacks any grunt so I can imagine how nice it sounds with a proper exhaust system - both of my previous ludes had standard exhaust systems, I never got round to fitting one!! So looking forward to doing so on this one :D

ATR84

Aaron's 2000 VTI Motegi

Post by ATR84 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:20 pm

@Aaron14P where are you based?

I have used TGM for a few things, they are good, although I think they outsource their alignment. Not 100% sure though.

Performance Autoworks probably know these cars better than anyone else, but for me they are double the distance away compared to TGM so I try to keep my visit to Performance Autoworks down to once a year, anything else that comes up in-between I use TGM.
5th Gen Type S

Return to “Lude Profiles”