Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Bri's H22A8 4th gen

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
Lude-dude
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: Vtec Junky
PSN GamerTag: Rob7niner

Post by Lude-dude » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:12 pm

the black wheels suit this one better I think

I wanna see that rocker shiney 8-)

H22a5 UKDM 2.2 VTI 244Bhp 180lbs/ft Crower stage 2
http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... t3211.html

Bri
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: funky_bri

Re: Back in Black

Post by Bri » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:54 pm

Thanks mate, it will be, so very very much to do. I will be able to do stuff like that soon, I have a spare cover, just need the bloody thing road ready for now. I may even get it fired up tomorrow if weather holds up. few weeks I want it on the road.

JayJay

Post by JayJay » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:43 pm

Haha after polishing my cover (oo-er) after seeing yours (oo-er!) I'd never want to do it again :lol: Lots of work, but then again it does look amazing 8-)
Shiny wrote:I sniff dirty pants.

Bri

Post by Bri » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:31 am

JayJay wrote:Haha after polishing my cover (oo-er) after seeing yours (oo-er!) I'd never want to do it again :lol: Lots of work, but then again it does look amazing 8-)
After you have done things once you learn how not to do things I doubt it will take me half the time or pain that the last one did! The looks out gun the pain, will take a look at your profile in a bit, better do some job hunting first though :lol:

Bri

Post by Bri » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:00 pm

Small update, I finnaly got a few hours to myself to put the loom back in place and all the pipe work A few little jobs left to do like go and get the bloody throttle controll cable I left on the old engine that I sold, this goes to the autobox from the throttle body. I forgot to take that off. :oops:

Anyway I should have it running tomorrow or tuesday, I just got to remember which way round the vacume pipes go, pull the spark plugs out and spin it over a few times, The engine has been stood for 2 years so if there is anything in the cylenders I would rtaher it flew out of the top, just a precaution.

Next up Im swapping the springs, there are some nice shiney red ones on there now but they make the car sit way too high so Im putting some old eibach 40mm drop on, they are not shiney but I will clean them up before they go on.

Then its the dash loom, nothing wants to stay on on the dash, broken wires or bad connection somwhere, will sort that out. Once this is back on its wheels and fully working Im selling my frontera to fund tax and MOT, It SOULD be on the road for march :D

Few pics to go with my waffle.

Unfortunately interior is going a bit moldy but that will clean up. I will be on the look out for a set of front and rear leather seats in the near future, It was made with some so I intend to put some back in.

Thats it for now Top Gear is on :lol:

Vtecmec
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:46 am

Nice one Bri, hope you find the road soon. :D

Bri

Post by Bri » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:01 pm

Today i have been quite buisy so I didnt do an awful lot to the lude but I did 1 massive important job. I went to go and get the cable that goes from the throttle body to the auto box as I wont get far without that, came back and realised that the throttle bodies are not only ddifferent between manual and auto but 4th & 5th gen are different too. The 4th gen has the mount holes for the bracket 5th gen dont, tthe pulley has 2 holes for the auto and manual is smaller. So I drove all that way and didnt get everything I need :evil:

Lucky I hoard stuff eh? :lol:

You can see the differences, so I did that and fitted it. I will be ready to fire it up tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:10 pm

Bri, it'll start first time man. And you'll grin like a little kid at Christmas! :lol:
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Bri

Post by Bri » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:34 pm

haha I hope so because Ive never had it running due to an immobiliser fault on the car I pulled it from, well I hope it was immobiliser anyway :lol:

It will be somwhere near reay this week and Im well excited :D

funkmasterjay
My Generation: 5G

Post by funkmasterjay » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:47 am

Love it. :)

Return to “Lude Profiles”