Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Blue Beauty from Malaysia

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
simonc
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Re: Blue Beauty from Malaysia

Post by simonc » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:30 am

Hi @Greg-SiR, how's things buddy? I tell you mate, I really didn't think it would be so bloody heavy. I don't know what I was expecting but my God, when he dragged it away and I tried to move it, I was really surprised. I bet Jason's going to earn a packet out of that from his scrap bloke ;)
But you're right, it was that sodding 'clunk-clunk-clunk' that was driving me berserk and I'm so happy it's gone now. :D
Hope all is well down under fella, don't forget to let me know if you're coming up this way sometime soon. ;)
'Mr Bridger, will drive them, into the sea...'

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016

Post by Greg-SiR » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:59 pm

I'm good Simon yeah just keeping busy which is good enough i suppose for the moment,cars and work the usual!
Best part is it's sort of a modification without costing you anything(if you did it yourself) :lol: but weight loss is always good for us and the ludes.
Make a great anchor too haha.
Initially i was checking out a trip over to Singapore to my sis for the big FOUR ZERO bash next month with flights getting so cheap and that but had to scrap it and stay put for other reasons but i have time off to get Lude 2 sorted at least so not all bad,early next year it looks like which isn't all that far away with the speed this one is going!
95 Lighty Bb4

92 Bb2/4 Si Vtec daily slogger

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Real shame you've had to ditch the 4ws, but yep known good 2ws will be better than dodgy 4ws.

simonc
Supporter 2016

HID lights fitted

Post by simonc » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:30 am

Hi all,
I'd been considering this option for a while. Firstly as my vision at night has been getting worse for quite a while and secondly, even though I have high power Osram bulbs fitted, the beam seems useless, merely dripping over the bumper, giving me very little confidence about driving at night or during one our all too frequent tropical downpours.
So here's what I bought. Genuine Osram goods.
Here's all the gubbins that Jason took off prior to fitting the new kit.
And here's the controller thing in situ. Not a good photo as it's kind of hidden.
Anyway, it cost nine hundred Ringgit, which is as near as dammit, one hundred and sixty quid. I took her out for a spin last night and the difference is amazing. Nice beams lighting the road way ahead of me. A much better driving experience and a good confidence booster in the dark. All in all, I'm really chuffed we fitted them. :D

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016

Post by Greg-SiR » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:42 pm

Nice Simon,expensive but you get what you pay for,hope you have a before and after shot for us?
Messed with cheapish kits over ownership years myself but gave up.
I agree and i sometimes wonder are my lights on at all,pure rubbish!
The foglights help a bit with the lower illumination 8-)
95 Lighty Bb4

92 Bb2/4 Si Vtec daily slogger

simonc
Supporter 2016

Re: Blue Beauty from Malaysia

Post by simonc » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:55 am

Hi @Greg-SiR, you're right, you get what you pay for. Like I mentioned, my night vision is not as it should be (must be old age...) but honestly, the old bulbs/lights just didn't seem to illuminate the road ahead at all. I took these last night to show how they look now, unfortunately I don't have a 'before' shot.
They really do throw the light on the road ahead, as you can see.
Much, much brighter. Even without the spotlights.

Actually, it's interesting because when I switch on the lights, it takes a second or two for them to 'warm' up, if you get what I mean. Really chuffed with them and I think they're a worthwhile investment. Cheers, Si. :D

simonc
Supporter 2016

Coilovers fitted

Post by simonc » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:02 am

Well, after months of procrastination, I stumped up the brass and on Jason's recommendation bought a set of coilovers from a supplier here in Malaysia.
I ordered them about five weeks ago, but they manufacture to order so it's taken that long to get them ready. Here's a set of photos I took last week during the fitting.
Here's the set that was waiting for me when I arrived. Oooh, like Christmas and a birthday in one go.
I wheeled in the car and let the lads get on with it.
Mohammed assembled the fronts while t'other Mohammed worked on the rears
Rear Passenger side in place
Front passenger side in place
Top mounting with bushes supplied by the dashing Mr Nathan.
Another shot of the rear after they'd done some faffing with the springs
Driver's side rear in-situ
Good bloody riddance
Pity they're hidden
Rear top mounting including the new bushes
I'm just showing off now...

So there you go gentlemen, I'm pleased with the way it all went and I'm glad I got it done. The shocks are fully guaranteed and they give a free check and service every twelve months. The ride home was lovely on the motorway and as soon as I got back, I went to get things aligned.
The guys at F-Tuned say it takes a couple of weeks for everything to 'bed-in' so they recommended to take it easy on a few steady runs over the next few days.
I do have a bit of an issue with the rear in so much that it does feel a bit 'crashy' when going over a bump which does not happen at the front. Anyway, Jason's going to take her out for a drive next week and do some adjusting for me. I hope that his fine tuning will make it feel less thumpy at the rear. It's nice not to hear any groans and squeaks when I get in and out of the car and the handling does seem rather better placed. All in all, I'm dead chuffed. Thanks for all your advice and thanks to Nathan for flogging me the bushing kit.
Hope you like the update pics, guys. I'll update you on Jason's tweaks towards the back end of next week. :D

sol-lude
PSN GamerTag: Lude_666

Post by sol-lude » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:31 pm

looking good man

Feeniks
My Generation: 5G

Post by Feeniks » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:12 pm

simonc wrote:Obviously the new wheels and tyres are on but here's the update on the things I'd bought from you guys before Christmas, which made it out here a few weeks ago.

Obviously delighted with the kick plates.
Ahhh, glad to see the new wheels - the old ones being backwards really bugged me for the first 32 pages :D

Gorgeous car, loved the whole saga & photos, and those kick plates are a lovely detail! I'm getting me some.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Mon May 01, 2017 7:45 pm

simonc wrote:Top mounting with bushes supplied by the dashing Mr Nathan.
:nono:
You have clearly never seen the lanky sod...

Return to “Lude Profiles”