Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

My BB4 "granada black beauty" Final pics P34

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
JEBB4
Supporter 2014
My Generation: 5G

Re: My BB4 "granada black beauty" (the end is nigh)

Post by JEBB4 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:44 am

zareal wrote:where about in Australia are you mate?
I think the rule is you can bring the car over here as a personal import as long as the car has been under your ownership for 12 months+.
I'm on the Sunshine Coast Queensland mate.. I have looked into getting it shipped over and it's possible just a matter of money and wether it's worth it....
Jamie P 2013 wrote:i like tits :D
My BB6 build
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=54187

My BB2 build (yang)(WRITTEN OFF AND SOLD)
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=18866

My BB4 build (yin) (SOLD TO DRAX)
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12087&hilit=JEBB4+ ... ty#p203321

Drax
My Generation: 4G

Post by Drax » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:16 am

JEBB4 wrote:Well I thought owning another lude would help me get over this car but it has had the reverse affect and I now realise just how good this car was/is :? ...

I don't think I can actually sell it now :| :lol: ...
Miss the colour, the power, the looks, the handling, how clean the interior is and all the little JDM extras :oops:

Oh well best start saving :arrow:
:jdm: :rock: :vtec: :10: :hail:
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

bennyboy
Art Mechanic
PSN GamerTag: OCbennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:31 am

Good news.....I think.
Haven't you nearly put it back to stock though?
UKDM BB1 H22A8 NH561P 244bhp 173lbft

'Nigella'

www.benaskem.co.uk

JEBB4
Supporter 2014

Post by JEBB4 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:46 pm

bennyboy wrote:Good news.....I think.
Haven't you nearly put it back to stock though?
Yeah I have, but I have a couple of ideas .... Hopefully I can put the parts in the car or I'm thinking of shipping them over separately before the car.. Will have to speak to the shipping company.. But that way I can get a lot of the other less special parts I have for the bb2.. :)
My BB6 build

zareal

Post by zareal » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:59 am

wurlycorner wrote:
zareal wrote: I think the rule is you can bring the car over here as a personal import as long as the car has been under your ownership for 12 months+.
Each state over there has their own rules on importing cars... :roll:
Right, majority of import 4th gens I see are in Victoria for some reason, I had to get mine transported from Vic. You come across import 4th gens every now and then here in Australia but most of the time they're auto or in bad shape.

zareal

Post by zareal » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:03 am

JEBB4 wrote:
I think the rule is you can bring the car over here as a personal import as long as the car has been under your ownership for 12 months+.
I'm on the Sunshine Coast Queensland mate.. I have looked into getting it shipped over and it's possible just a matter of money and wether it's worth it....
Damn.. You will see that all import ludes are in Vic and less in qld. I had mine transported from Vic to nsw

JEBB4
Supporter 2014

Post by JEBB4 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:25 am

zareal wrote:
JEBB4 wrote:
Damn.. You will see that all import ludes are in Vic and less in qld. I had mine transported from Vic to nsw
Yeah in 12 months I've only seen one actual tidy import vtec come up for sale over here and as you say there mostly down in Victoria, not sure why I like to think it's because they suit the windy roads down there better :lol:
My BB6 build

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016

Post by Greg-SiR » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:22 am

zareal wrote:
JEBB4 wrote:
Not necessarily i picked up my 2 in Qld and just over the Nsw border.

Pot luck and good timing ;)

Just do it JEBB4.

When i brought my car down i filled it car parts and tools etc, it was in a 20ft container with a dozen personal belongings box too,not much space left after all that went in,we made the most of the space,i remember trying to get out the drivers door after driving it on :o

Trying to look for my old paper work,i have it all except shipping receipt but i' guessing it was @ E1800 but yeah 10 yrs ago too.

I used https://www.apl.com/wps/portal/apl back then and they were the best overall at the time.
95 Lighty Bb4

92 Bb2/4 Si Vtec daily slogger

JEBB4
Supporter 2014

Post by JEBB4 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:17 am

Greg-SiR wrote:
zareal wrote:
JEBB4 wrote:
Not necessarily i picked up my 2 in Qld and just over the Nsw border.

Pot luck and good timing ;)

Just do it JEBB4.

When i brought my car down i filled it car parts and tools etc, it was in a 20ft container with a dozen personal belongings box too,not much space left after all that went in,we made the most of the space,i remember trying to get out the drivers door after driving it on :o

Trying to look for my old paper work,i have it all except shipping receipt but i' guessing it was @ E1800 but yeah 10 yrs ago too.

I used https://www.apl.com/wps/portal/apl back then and they were the best overall at the time.
Yeah I thought about filling it with as much crap as possible but I dno wether that affects it as the everything coming into Australia from overseas has to be really clean so as not to bring foreign diseases and jobby in so it the more ya bring in the more hassle cleaning everything individually..

And as far as price I think I got a quote for about $8000 which I can justify but it will take a abit of saving now..
My BB6 build

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016

Post by Greg-SiR » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:49 am

There could also be an option of container sharing with some companies,we thought of this idea at the beginning but it can delay proceedings a bit and well like everything else i left ours too late :lol:
95 Lighty Bb4

92 Bb2/4 Si Vtec daily slogger

Return to “Lude Profiles”