Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Drax's JUN Prelude: Papa Smurf edition

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
H22A Lude
My Generation: 4G

Post by H22A Lude » Wed May 05, 2021 12:43 pm

Just glanced through your build thread. Awesome stuff! Sorry to read about your bearing going out!
It all feels very familiar, I see lots of mod-crossover!

I noticed your Jun cam packaging looked different to mine. What year did you buy yours? I feel like mine must be an early batch, black and yellow box – Jun machine shop branding in Japanese. I have been sitting on them too long... Carbon bits are awesome also.
Love the Jun lip! I wish one crossed my path but I never got that lucky! Random note from your powersteering pulley, for power steering pulley bolt I used an impact driver and about 4 metal screw drives wedged in everywhere plus I then wrapped a ratchet strap over the pulley and strapped it into an old rim’s tyre. Madness getting them off!

I am trying to sort out an oil pressure gauge. I will end up with a similar looking setup to yours, seems the best place to run it is off the stock oil pressure sensor’s location. I tried a port near the vtec solenoid but that only gave me pressure when in vtec (vtec pressure gauge is cool lol).

Mad props for the Honda brochures, cool to see the luxury options for them. That Senna poster is mad!
1991 4thgen Prelude daily: BB1 auto-H22A with general bolt ons- 130wkw, 15.34 @ 150km/h
1992 4thgen Prelude drag build: BB4 T2W4 - Best of ~143wkw, 14.42 @ 158km/h (https://honda-tech.com/forums/appearanc ... l-3119927/ https://www.preludepower.com/threads/bb ... ul.358087/)

Drax

Post by Drax » Wed May 26, 2021 10:21 pm

Claying done, rotates ok.

Crank is now at a machine shop for balancing before I start the final rebuild.
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

Drax

Post by Drax » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:42 am

H22A Lude wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 12:43 pm
I noticed your Jun cam packaging looked different to mine. What year did you buy yours? I feel like mine must be an early batch, black and yellow box – Jun machine shop branding in Japanese. I have been sitting on them too long... Carbon bits are awesome also.
Love the Jun lip! I wish one crossed my path but I never got that lucky! Random note from your powersteering pulley, for power steering pulley bolt I used an impact driver and about 4 metal screw drives wedged in everywhere plus I then wrapped a ratchet strap over the pulley and strapped it into an old rim’s tyre. Madness getting them off!

I am trying to sort out an oil pressure gauge. I will end up with a similar looking setup to yours, seems the best place to run it is off the stock oil pressure sensor’s location. I tried a port near the vtec solenoid but that only gave me pressure when in vtec (vtec pressure gauge is cool lol).

Mad props for the Honda brochures, cool to see the luxury options for them. That Senna poster is mad!
I bought my JUN cams from RHD Japan :thumbup: same with the JUN lip. haha i have FAR too many Prelude brochures... :crazy:

Wife took a sneaky pic of me swapping the ABS unit for a spare at the weekend while the engine is still out :D
FOR PAUL

H22A Lude

Post by H22A Lude » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:45 pm

Drax wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:42 am
H22A Lude wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 12:43 pm

I bought my JUN cams from RHD Japan :thumbup: same with the JUN lip. haha i have FAR too many Prelude brochures... :crazy:

Wife took a sneaky pic of me swapping the ABS unit for a spare at the weekend while the engine is still out :D
Nice, priceless purchase! Oh wow, looks like the Jun Lip is still being made (website suggests JPY33,000). I would love to add that one to my bucket list.

Good to see progress. Subscribed.
1991 4thgen Prelude daily: BB1 auto-H22A with general bolt ons- 130wkw, 15.34 @ 150km/h
1992 4thgen Prelude drag build: BB4 T2W4 - Best of ~143wkw, 14.42 @ 158km/h (https://honda-tech.com/forums/appearanc ... l-3119927/ https://www.preludepower.com/threads/bb ... ul.358087/)

Drax

Post by Drax » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:10 pm

crank is back from the machine shop from being lightened so i need to start rebuilding the smurf now!

also, bagged these two gems the other day;

FOR PAUL

toadster
My Generation: 5G

Post by toadster » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:18 pm

Lo :D
Loving the look of the second Mugen catalogue 8) 8) 8)
Cheers ;)
Toadster

Merlin
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:58 am

Just catching up. Some cool stuff going on. Shame about the engine eating itself, unfortunately I have been there too.
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

nitin_s1
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:56 pm

I hope I've unlighted you more about the JDM stuff (centre caps) ;) :scaredtoss:

Drax

Post by Drax » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:52 pm

nitin_s1 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:56 pm
I hope I've unlighted you more about the JDM stuff (centre caps) ;) :scaredtoss:
anything Access wise to learn is a brucie bonus to me :jdm:
FOR PAUL

Drax

Post by Drax » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:42 pm

so, after another hiccup of finding one of my jdm pistons was damaged
i managed to source another from a guy on fb breaking a h22a block, so swapped the damaged piston & rod over in work just now and im going to continue putting on the new piston rings and building the bottom end....finally.
FOR PAUL

Return to “Lude Profiles”